Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo Hackathorn Sights

Feedback Score

Ameriglo Hackathorn Sights

Hi all - I know people have discussed this in the past but I'm curious to see if anyone runs these sights on their EDC? If so, how do you like them and do they give up anything in terms of accuracy, for speed? I've had big dots and while quick and somewhat accurate they're not for me. I run Defoor's now and they are great for accuracy but I find that I'd like something a little quicker in low light situations. I feel like the Hackathorn sights are probably a decent compromise between the two. Thanks.
    Last edited by Cincinnatus15; 08-08-16 at 17:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got a set on my EDC 19. I like them for what they are and haven't had an issue shooting them or keeping rounds centered on targets. As far as precision I can't say that are any more or less precise than the standard Glock night sites seeing that my 17 and 19, the 17 has Glock night sites, trijicons I think, and both group about the same for me. As far as speed... I think the Hacks are maybe a bit quicker as far as something catching your eye, but at the distances where lighting fast shots are going to take place I am likely going to be threat focused and be pointing the damn thing anyway so there is that. At distance both set ups are capable of being more accurate than I am and I can pump rounds into a pie plate at speed at 25 fine with both. For low light I do prefer the Hacks, but that is more a personal preference than anything.

Off topic, truthfully there are a lot of sights out there that can get the job done. You are really going to be the one who is going to have to make the call as far as what you feel works best for you, your style, preference, and eye sight. I like a black rear these days for simplicity, cost, and because I feel it is for ME just a hair quicker. Others will have different experiences. I knew well when I started carrying the 19 I'd end up with a box of holsters, and a few extra sets of sights, and a few half boxes of defensive ammo before I figured out how I wanted to run it. It is a journey, enjoy it.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I've got a set on my EDC 19. I like them for what they are and haven't had an issue shooting them or keeping rounds centered on targets. As far as precision I can't say that are any more or less precise than the standard Glock night sites seeing that my 17 and 19, the 17 has Glock night sites, trijicons I think, and both group about the same for me. As far as speed... I think the Hacks are maybe a bit quicker as far as something catching your eye, but at the distances where lighting fast shots are going to take place I am likely going to be threat focused and be pointing the damn thing anyway so there is that. At distance both set ups are capable of being more accurate than I am and I can pump rounds into a pie plate at speed at 25 fine with both. For low light I do prefer the Hacks, but that is more a personal preference than anything.

Off topic, truthfully there are a lot of sights out there that can get the job done. You are really going to be the one who is going to have to make the call as far as what you feel works best for you, your style, preference, and eye sight. I like a black rear these days for simplicity, cost, and because I feel it is for ME just a hair quicker. Others will have different experiences. I knew well when I started carrying the 19 I'd end up with a box of holsters, and a few extra sets of sights, and a few half boxes of defensive ammo before I figured out how I wanted to run it. It is a journey, enjoy it.
    That's pretty much where I'm at. I've got a couple extra sets of sights, 3-4 holsters I never use. I've figured out over time what I prefer as far as carry methods and will enjoy giving these sights a try. They may be what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    That's pretty much where I'm at. I've got a couple extra sets of sights, 3-4 holsters I never use. I've figured out over time what I prefer as far as carry methods and will enjoy giving these sights a try. They may be what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot.
    Only 3 or 4 holsters? Amateur lol.
    Actually I need another holster for my 19, though the one I am looking for is a tact holster to hang on the war belt with an X300 on it.

Well at least the Hacks are that pricey. I think I paid around $70 for my set. So it could be worse. I personally am thinking of grabbing another 19 or 17, or another of each and a 23 for the hell of it, just so I have a testing platform. I mean, I did the same with my ARs...
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I prefer the Hacks with the Yellow/Green outline and run them on my M&P Shield. On my G19 I run the orange Hacks as I couldn't find them in the yellow/green color. I'm red/green colorblind and prefer not to use anything orange/red, if I can avoid it.

I highly recommend the Hacks. I had Redback Ones on my G19 prior to the Hacks. They are good sights, but the front sight on the RB1s was too hard for me to pick up at night. The tritium is quite small on their front sight.

So I say, Hack away!

Feedback Score
    Lol.. Good luck in your search for a holster for the war belt. A friend of mine has a nice one I can see what kind it is and let you know, may be something you'd want. I'd love to get another 19 and throw sights on it to test them but at this point in my life I just cant afford it (working my way through college). I've got my rifle set up the way I want it (Colt 6920 w/ Aimpoint PRO, an old unpadded VTAC sling, a Surefire Fury mounted to the stock hand guards via an IWC Light Mount and Slot). It's nothing special but it works and it's accurate, all I care about at this point. I could keep the Defoor's on but I like having some reference whether it be paint or tritium to draw my eye to the front sight in low light conditions. Obviously a white light is necessary in all low light situations but if I don't have time to pull my white light I'd rather know where my front sight is. I index the weapon well and would probably be on target out to 15 yards or so but still, its a comfort factor.
    Last edited by Cincinnatus15; 08-08-16 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n517rv View Post
    I prefer the Hacks with the Yellow/Green outline and run them on my M&P Shield. On my G19 I run the orange Hacks as I couldn't find them in the yellow/green color. I'm red/green colorblind and prefer not to use anything orange/red, if I can avoid it.

I highly recommend the Hacks. I had Redback Ones on my G19 prior to the Hacks. They are good sights, but the front sight on the RB1s was too hard for me to pick up at night. The tritium is quite small on their front sight.

So I say, Hack away!
    Awesome man. I'm also red/green "color deficient" but I never have problems distinguishing the two except for on that stupid test lol. I think I will, Hack away! Thanks for your response.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I run them on all of my EDC Glocks, 2 19's and a 43, as well as a 17. They are my favorite sights and I love the uncluttered sight picture, as well as the tritium inserts.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    I am looking for a new set of sights for my 19. I just checked and these are only $67.50 on Amazon. May be worth a try.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have Ameriglo Hackathorns on probably ten different Glocks. I'd have to go count.

When your eyes get older, you'll like that fat orange dot. Even before then, the serrated rear sight blade makes for a nice lack of glare in bright sunlight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast