Page 78 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have read it. There is only one pistol on the market that fits the description.

C4
    How about the forthcoming Beretta chassis gun?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I've been involved in writing specs for vehicles a couple of times in the fire service. All the supposed experts always try to tell me how unethical it is to write a spec that can only be met by one company. Personally I think that notion is complete BS and tailor the spec to the exact item the department wants to buy. If you have all the technical information it's very easy to write your spec so that nobody else can meet it without actually calling the make/model by name.
    My experience working with Uncle Sam in procurement is that unethical has no repercussions while illegal gets you thrown in jail. Therefore as long as it is legal it flys. I'm supporting a nearly billion dollar program right now that I "know" the requirements were drafted with specific integrators and solutions in mind. Other competitors lost so badly they didn't even protest which is an anomaly in and of itself....

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have read it. There is only one pistol on the market that fits the description.

C4
    Then like I say, tough luck on the other guys. They can either meet the requirement or stay home. Drafting requirements for a desired solution happens all the time. For that matter it probably IS happening with the Army pistol "competition." Considering the monstrous size of that RFP I've only had a cursory look but I'd bet $$ those requirements were drafted with the P320 in mind.....

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    My experience working with Uncle Sam in procurement is that unethical has no repercussions while illegal gets you thrown in jail. Therefore as long as it is legal it flys. I'm supporting a nearly billion dollar program right now that I "know" the requirements were drafted with specific integrators and solutions in mind. Other competitors lost so badly they didn't even protest which is an anomaly in and of itself....

Then like I say, tough luck on the other guys. They can either meet the requirement or stay home. Drafting requirements for a desired solution happens all the time. For that matter it probably IS happening with the Army pistol "competition." Considering the monstrous size of that RFP I've only had a cursory look but I'd bet $$ those requirements were drafted with the P320 in mind.....
    I'd be willing to bet it was written using the technical specs of the P320.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Does not qualify in its current form because of finger groves per the amendments.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=1

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So how is the quid pro quo working on this?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Does not qualify in its current form because of finger groves per the amendments.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=1
    Reading that sow, imo it would pass muster if questioned. I've seen worse anyway.

Secondarily, they've got some crap requirements in there from a test and eval perspective. Things hard to test in an objective way...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I would assume that it would (if produced in time). They would also have to make some minor tweaks to it.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    BTW what's the current go to OWB holster for the 320? Never really carried OWB before but I want to try something different with the 320. IWB I'll probably just get another shell for my MTAC....

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Bravo Concealment, CNC Holsters, JM Kydex, Blade-tech, Ozark Holster co. Lot's of choices, ironically RCS does not even offer anything for them.

Feedback Score
    Where's the best place to get the caliber exchange kits at?

Page 78 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast