Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320

Feedback Score
    Excellent work on the stippling!!! This gun is on my radar. Never thought I'd say I would consider a polymer Sig.

Some questions...
    Is the slide release in the same position as a P226?
    Does it take P226 or P228/9 mags?
    I think I read that it uses P226 sights. Can someone verify?

Again, excellent work on the stipping.
    RESIST!!!

Feedback Score
    I am pretty sure the 320 will only use the 250 mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgibson View Post
    I am pretty sure the 320 will only use the 250 mags.
    Correct. Uses 250/320 mags which are Beretta / MecGar based (same as other Sigs, Walther P99/PPQ, Beretta 92, others). The P250/P320 mags have that notch in the grip and a "tactical" base plate from factory, they seem really quite nice.

Uses P250/P320 holsters.

Unlike the P250, the P320 uses P226 sights front and rear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Correct. Uses 250/320 mags which are Beretta / MecGar based (same as other Sigs, Walther P99/PPQ, Beretta 92, others). The P250/P320 mags have that notch in the grip and a "tactical" base plate from factory, they seem really quite nice.

Uses P250/P320 holsters.

Unlike the P250, the P320 uses P226 sights front and rear.
    Will all of the 250 holsters fit the 320?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is a Vid review of the 320, notice how pistol control/ muzzle flip varies between the two shooters ( not much muzzle flip with the more experienced shooter). Sig will also becoming out with a
    new shape/profile trigger and other stuff for the 320 pistols in the near future. http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT...6oVMUpfd6FIVc-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgibson View Post
    Will all of the 250 holsters fit the 320?
    I'm no authority, but from my research, YES.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

P320 Range Report - Take 2

Range Report: Part II

Back from the range, and all I can say is what a difference it is to be healthy! I knew I should have stayed home last time, but figured that might be the only chance I get as busy as I have been lately.

Here are my thoughts:

Accuracy: I remembered the gun shot left of center (not low left, just left) and after looking at the sight in the dovetail, I could actually see it was not centered. Funny thing is that I've seen a few reviews with some nice targets, and the ones I remember have been left of center, too! Anyway I drifted the sight and double checked it on the frame. I must have made the perfect adjustments, as this was the first 5 shots out of the gun at 50' at my range - stone cold!

Feel: I definitely like the new texture and contouring I did to the frame. I remember the sharpness of the trigger guard being *almost* as bad as the VP9. Problem corrected. I did notice that the Medium frame allowed me to manipulate the mag release without breaking my grip, which is something I can NOT do on a Gen 3 Glock. However I wouldn't mind trying the Large frame to get a more solid, meatier grip on the gun. All in all though, I think the Medium will be perfect for most.

What I liked:

- Accuracy: This is one wicked accurate pistol!

- Reliability: No issues, but that was only 100 rounds this time. I've seen reviews where they ran different ammo (even TulAmmo) through the gun and it worked fine. Not surprising, though. It IS a Sig, right?

- Ability to Customize: Comparing Glock's Gen 4 adjustable backstrap system to the Sig's full modular setup is kind of like comparing a Commodore 64 to an iPad. If you want to try customizing the P320/250 and mess up, you just buy another frame on the cheap. Not so with a Glock.

- Trigger: I'm a trigger snob, plain and simple. If I had to pick between a *STOCK* Glock, VP9 and the P320, I would take the P320 all day long and twice on Sunday. The combination of crispness, lack of take-up and reset make this one awesome gun to shoot slow OR fast.

What I DIDN'T like:

- Sights: I hate, HATE 3-dot sights! While the gun is accurate (as you can see from the pic), it was a struggle for me to bounce between the dots and the tops of the sights. running through some fast drills I struggled even more trying to track 3 bouncing white balls. I thought about trying to black them out with a Sharpie, but decided against it. I have a set of Dawson sights with a fiber optic front and a plain black rear ordered, so when those get here I'm sure I'll be much better in the fast work. Probably in the precision stuff as well.

- Mags: Just 2 mags? Really? Oh well, more of these will be inbound, too.

All in all I was more than impressed with the P320, and after doing the texture work on it I think I feel as comfortable with this as any other gun I have ever owned. I will be going back to my original plan of trying it out stock for a while, then sending it off for some trigger work to see just how good this can get. From the reviews I have read, there is some room for improvement in this already top trigger and I want to see what some refining can do with it.

If you are on the fence about getting one of these, by all means pull the trigger on it. You will be glad you did!
    Tactical Texture and Triggers, LLC.
    @tacticaltexture

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Slide release is similar to the M&P--ambi levers in the more 'traditional' position vs. further to the rear on the P series guns.
    Mags are the the same as the P250, not interchangeable with the 226.
    I am not sure on the sights, someone else who knows more than I do can answer that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Glock Guy View Post
    Range Report: Part II

Back from the range, and all I can say is what a difference it is to be healthy! I knew I should have stayed home last time, but figured that might be the only chance I get as busy as I have been lately.

Here are my thoughts:

Accuracy: I remembered the gun shot left of center (not low left, just left) and after looking at the sight in the dovetail, I could actually see it was not centered. Funny thing is that I've seen a few reviews with some nice targets, and the ones I remember have been left of center, too! Anyway I drifted the sight and double checked it on the frame. I must have made the perfect adjustments, as this was the first 5 shots out of the gun at 50' at my range - stone cold!

Feel: I definitely like the new texture and contouring I did to the frame. I remember the sharpness of the trigger guard being *almost* as bad as the VP9. Problem corrected. I did notice that the Medium frame allowed me to manipulate the mag release without breaking my grip, which is something I can NOT do on a Gen 3 Glock. However I wouldn't mind trying the Large frame to get a more solid, meatier grip on the gun. All in all though, I think the Medium will be perfect for most.

What I liked:

- Accuracy: This is one wicked accurate pistol!

- Reliability: No issues, but that was only 100 rounds this time. I've seen reviews where they ran different ammo (even TulAmmo) through the gun and it worked fine. Not surprising, though. It IS a Sig, right?

- Ability to Customize: Comparing Glock's Gen 4 adjustable backstrap system to the Sig's full modular setup is kind of like comparing a Commodore 64 to an iPad. If you want to try customizing the P320/250 and mess up, you just buy another frame on the cheap. Not so with a Glock.

- Trigger: I'm a trigger snob, plain and simple. If I had to pick between a *STOCK* Glock, VP9 and the P320, I would take the P320 all day long and twice on Sunday. The combination of crispness, lack of take-up and reset make this one awesome gun to shoot slow OR fast.

What I DIDN'T like:

- Sights: I hate, HATE 3-dot sights! While the gun is accurate (as you can see from the pic), it was a struggle for me to bounce between the dots and the tops of the sights. running through some fast drills I struggled even more trying to track 3 bouncing white balls. I thought about trying to black them out with a Sharpie, but decided against it. I have a set of Dawson sights with a fiber optic front and a plain black rear ordered, so when those get here I'm sure I'll be much better in the fast work. Probably in the precision stuff as well.

- Mags: Just 2 mags? Really? Oh well, more of these will be inbound, too.

All in all I was more than impressed with the P320, and after doing the texture work on it I think I feel as comfortable with this as any other gun I have ever owned. I will be going back to my original plan of trying it out stock for a while, then sending it off for some trigger work to see just how good this can get. From the reviews I have read, there is some room for improvement in this already top trigger and I want to see what some refining can do with it.

If you are on the fence about getting one of these, by all means pull the trigger on it. You will be glad you did!
    Great write up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    Great write up.
    Thanks. I hope I didn't steal any of your thunder. I don't want to be a thunder-stealer!
    Tactical Texture and Triggers, LLC.
    @tacticaltexture

Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast