Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Here's one I took that might help, I think I have another view I could upload also, just of the G19 and P320C

I think this is the best comparison pic between the 320C and the G19, nicely showing the similarities in length, but the differences in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post

And this one shows that while the guns look practically identical in length, the difference in slide/frame height translates into a thicker, beefier gun.

Great pics guys!!!
    Tactical Texture and Triggers, LLC.
    @tacticaltexture

Feedback Score
    I was able to hold and dry fire a 320 at a local match today. Didn't get to shoot it yet, but I can see what the fuss is all about. It's very well thought out and the trigger is very nice. Assuming it proves out its reliability, they hit a home run with it.

I'm in no hurry as I still am leary of Sig's QC so I don't want to be a beta tester. I'm also very invested in Glocks and don't have any need to change. But I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we start seeing agencies adopt the 320.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    How about a five way ?
    Mahalo, braddah! I have to say, I'm surprised at how long the grip on the 320C looks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a sample P320, firing and watching ~1k rounds go downrange. I liked it a great deal more than I thought I would. It was reliable with all ammunition fired. 10rd accuracy on a 25yd B8 bull topped out at ~90/100. Several qual courses fired split the difference between what I'd see on a TDA Sig and my G19. In the hand, the gun has the feel and footprint of a taller G19. I didn't like the grip angle and it pointed low, but those could be trained on. The holster that shipped with the gun was for the P250 and a poor fit. The smooth flat finish of the rear sight caught glare badly when backlit. Overall though, the gun wasn't too bad. Here are some reference pics.

2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The VP9 is a sweet pistol no doubt, but here in the US it will remain a sweetheart of the commercial market, the re-training that would be required to get an officer proficient with that paddle mag release operation is not only impossibly prohibitive, but it's also unrealistic to think even 40 hours of retraining would guarantee he wont revert back to his deeply ingrained motor skills in a shooting under extraordinary stress, putting himself and others in a really bad spot.
    There are a few big, prominent LE agencies adopting the P320 very soon which will start the domino effect, countless more are still in T&E, some since the summer.
    I was in a room with the admin and training staff of one of them on Friday, medium sized agency about 400 uniform officers currently issuing G22 to uniform deputies and G23 to plain clothes, one guy was a vocal VP9 fan, when I posed that same question to him the sheriff never even gave him time to answer, it was shot down before it ever made it to the conversation phase. It reminded me there's so much more to what glock has accomplished in the LE market over the last 20 years than building a nifty new pistol, there's a massive logistic side to it that if lacking, it doesn't matter how slick your pistol is, it wont stand a chance for widespread acceptance in LE.
    Meanwhile, I continue to hear report after report from instructors all over the country that are testing the P320 that it's making good shooters out of average ones and excellent shooters out of good ones, doesn't get any better than that in a duty pistol.
    Do you work for Sig or?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Do you work for Sig or?

That's kinda what I was wondering...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Nope, just a 23 year glock guy who was curious and tried one, within a month I had both sizes and my glocks live
    in the safe now. I will have a role in the future of this pistol as it pertains to LE, but not as a Sig employee.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    It appears the High Point, NC Police Department is adopting the P320 in .40 S&W. No mention of size but they previously carried G22s. 278 pistols and Safariland 6360 holsters are in the deal.

https://highpoint.legistar.com/View....A-C6FDECFCDAAD

Feedback Score
    Glock has been sitting atop the LE market for a long time now, the next to last paragraph shows just how serious SIG is about knocking them off.

Feedback Score
    Glock has been sitting atop the LE market for a long time now, the next to last paragraph shows just how serious SIG is about knocking them off.
    Yeah, but... that's not a sustainable business model, unless they're hoping to make up the money in commercial sales from folks who buy whatever the local constabulary carries.

Having said that, I have a VERY lightly used Gen4 G23 that I'd gladly trade at no cost to Sig for a P320C with a holster...

Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast