Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden3.16 View Post
    the carry has a full size grip handle with a compact rail length.
    This is correct

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    1. From what I have read up on the "medium" (and large?) subcompact frames have rails and the "small" frames do not.

2. Either they are both the same, or the carry has a full size grip handle with a compact rail length.
    Why, then, does Bud's advertise the full size as 17+1 and the "carry" as 15+1?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Why, then, does Bud's advertise the full size as 17+1 and the "carry" as 15+1?
    Sig changed up the names and offered one more size this year

Full size = 4.7 inch barrell, 17 round mag capacity
    Carry = 3.9 inch barrell, 17 round mag capacity (full size grip frame, compact slide)
    Compact = 3.9 inch barrell, 15 round mag capacity
    Sub-compact = 3.6 inch barrel, 12 round mag capacity

All mag capacites listed with 9mm and forgive me if I'm off a tenth or two as I'm going off memory.

Edit: goofed a bit and fixed it. Last year's carry is this year's compact.
    Last edited by shakazulu12; 03-01-15 at 10:13.

Feedback Score
    I really don't see the point of the carry if the grip is the same size as the full size. I would prefer a full size slide on a compact frame. I'm planning on doing just that with the full size 9mm conversion kit.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I really don't see the point of the carry if the grip is the same size as the full size. I would prefer a full size slide on a compact frame. I'm planning on doing just that with the full size 9mm conversion kit.
    Most gun companies have traditionally thought "carry" = "short barrel" and not "short grip". This goes all the way back to the Colt Commander, at least.

Feedback Score
    Well shot it today and it ran flawlessly... when I could chamber a round lol (see vid.)

http://youtu.be/HF874Qz89B8

this happened 3 times in 50 rnds. mags were only loaded with 5 rnds. I switched to the subcompact frame And mag for the next 100 rnds and it had no issues. I then used the compact mag with the subcompact frame and had the same issue again. Pretty certain its the magazine. Gonn load it to capacity for a few nights and update. Hoping this helps, would prefer not to have to discard a $40 mag.
    Last edited by Maiden3.16; 03-01-15 at 22:42.

Feedback Score
    I fondled a P320 Sub-Compact (?) yesterday. It had a 12 round mag, and and no rail. The 17 round mags from the P320 also fits of course. Trigger was astounding. Mag release sure and positive. Price was $530 something or other.

Very well made, very very well made. Looks like you could break rocks with it.

Kinda top heavy, but it appears I could keep my 'thumbs pointed at target' and have them ride under the slide release.

I'm a VP9 kinda guy, but the new Sigs certainly have my attention.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The make that setup as well.

Mike

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Most gun companies have traditionally thought "carry" = "short barrel" and not "short grip". This goes all the way back to the Colt Commander, at least.
    IMO this is proof that most gun companies are not ran/staffed by people who actually carry and shoot guns. Sig is one of the worst offenders-whoever decided that a p229 is a "compact" gun has obviously never actually carried a concealed handgun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Is this what you are talking about? http://www.selwayarmory.com/sigsauer...ndw-black.aspx
    That's exactly the part I'm looking for. Anyone know where to find one in stock?

subcompact setup
    That's exactly what I'm going for...as soon as the surefire xc1 releases I'm getting some custom IWB kydex made for it and think I've found my perfect carry gun.

Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast