Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Here is a range report on the 320. I still haven't seen one in person yet.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=12268#more-12268
    Wow, that has to be the saddest review I've ever read.

The guy is reviewing a P320, then goes on to call it a P250 starting in the 3rd paragraph.

He then goes on to talk about how he likes the interchangeable frames instead of just the backstraps... but above the pictures he has, "This is my group at 25 yards with the medium back strap installed." and in his second pic he has, "For me, the large back strap produced the best group at 50 yards, about 4 inches."

UM... WTF???

Seriously whoever wrote this should not quit their day job...
    Tactical Texture and Triggers, LLC.
    @tacticaltexture

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I picked up a 320C last week. Once it slows up some at work I plan to take it out along with my VP9 and my tweeked Gen 4 19 for a battle royal and report back. So far there are some things about each pistol that I prefer over the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBfrf7iitA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_VSwSlKts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tlKjrOi2zo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Glock Guy View Post
    Wow, that has to be the saddest review I've ever read.

The guy is reviewing a P320, then goes on to call it a P250 starting in the 3rd paragraph.

He then goes on to talk about how he likes the interchangeable frames instead of just the backstraps... but above the pictures he has, "This is my group at 25 yards with the medium back strap installed." and in his second pic he has, "For me, the large back strap produced the best group at 50 yards, about 4 inches."

UM... WTF???

Seriously whoever wrote this should not quit their day job...
    au contraire! Any review that includes 25 yd and 50 yd groups just owned every crap report of bullets nearly touching at 7- 10 yards. Which is about 90% of "this is the most accurate gun I've ever shot" posts across the interwebz.
    Last edited by JHC; 11-03-14 at 16:46.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    au contraire! Any review that includes 25 yd and 50 yd groups just owned every crap report of bullets nearly touching at 7- 10 yards. Which is about 90% of "this is the most accurate gun I've ever shot" posts across the interwebz.
    True, but after reading his review, I wonder if he was using a P250 or a P320!!! LOL!!!
    @tacticaltexture

Feedback Score
    True, but after reading his review, I wonder if he was using a P250 or a P320!!! LOL!!!
    Yeah in the comments somebody (maybe YOU) called him out about mixing frames with backstraps and he mea culpa'd and sort of looked to his editor. I don't think that IS his day job. But if that review is legit; that dude can flat out shoot I don't care what he's shooting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah in the comments somebody (maybe YOU) called him out about mixing frames with backstraps and he mea culpa'd and sort of looked to his editor. I don't think that IS his day job. But if that review is legit; that dude can flat out shoot I don't care what he's shooting.
    Yeah that's sad that he passed the buck instead of just owning up to several mistakes HE made in the article. It wasn't me in the comments, though. Like I said, I was just confused as to what he was talking about, and had to read the article TWICE to finally understand he was talking about the correct gun, but using the wrong terminology in several spots. Anyway, let's be done with this poor article, as it has already taken up too much of our time on this great thread.

On a good note, my P320 DID arrive today, and I will be headed out to the range tomorrow. I'm more than a bit under the weather, but I really want to shoot this thing!

First Impressions:

The barrel and slide are LONG. They *almost* make the medium stock FRAME look a bit too small. I wear a size medium glove, and I don't have large hands by any stretch. I can easily use the mag release without breaking my grip, which is something I can NOT do on a Gen 3 Glock.

The trigger feels GREAT!!! I'm going to go so far as to say I actually prefer the short travel/clean break/super short reset over my VP9. It's seriously that good. It is deceptively heavy though, as it was shown to pull just under 7 lbs. Honestly though, if this were just going to be a home defense or even carry gun, I wouldn't even bother with trigger work. For me however, this is going to be a games gun, so I want to see just how much better this can get after sending it off later this week.

The factory night sights are just OK. They are plenty bright, but the dot on the front sight has too much white for my liking, and there is a cover over the vial, so I can't even black out the white part as it's behind the glass.

The grip feels very natural, and the stock stippling is pretty good, but I'll be making a few adjustments and extending the stippling up higher when I work my magic on it. The side of the trigger guard is a bit sharp, too, but that won't be a factor for long, either.

About the only negative I have is the location of the takedown lever is right where my stubby little support hand thumb wants to go!

I bought this gun sight-unseen, without even fondling one in a store. I'll be honest and say that I had a wee bit of buyers remorse after pulling the trigger. That feeling when away the second I pulled the gun out of the box and tried the trigger. We'll see if the smile on my face goes away, or gets bigger tomorrow!
    Last edited by Dakota Glock Guy; 11-04-14 at 03:01.
    @tacticaltexture

Feedback Score
    His bio is on the site. I know him personally and he can shoot very well!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    His bio is on the site. I know him personally and he can shoot very well!
    Very cool! Bruce Gray has also posted some similar sick 50 yard results with a 320. Relay to him I loved his review (I noted on the article too) because of that demonstrated precision.

Feedback Score
    Yeah that's sad that he passed the buck instead of just owning up to several mistakes HE made in the article. It wasn't me in the comments, though. Like I said, I was just confused as to what he was talking about, and had to read the article TWICE to finally understand he was talking about the correct gun, but using the wrong terminology in several spots. Anyway, let's be done with this poor article, as it has already taken up too much of our time on this great thread.

On a good note, my P320 DID arrive today, and I will be headed out to the range tomorrow. I'm more than a bit under the weather, but I really want to shoot this thing!

First Impressions:

The barrel and slide are LONG. They *almost* make the medium stock FRAME look a bit too small. I wear a size medium glove, and I don't have large hands by any stretch. I can easily use the mag release without breaking my grip, which is something I can NOT do on a Gen 3 Glock.

The trigger feels GREAT!!! I'm going to go so far as to say I actually prefer the short travel/clean break/super short reset over my VP9. It's seriously that good. It is deceptively heavy though, as it was shown to pull just under 7 lbs. Honestly though, if this were just going to be a home defense or even carry gun, I wouldn't even bother with trigger work. For me however, this is going to be a games gun, so I want to see just how much better this can get after sending it off later this week.

The factory night sights are just OK. They are plenty bright, but the dot on the front sight has too much white for my liking, and there is a cover over the vial, so I can't even black out the white part as it's behind the glass.

The grip feels very natural, and the stock stippling is pretty good, but I'll be making a few adjustments and extending the stippling up higher when I work my magic on it. The side of the trigger guard is a bit sharp, too, but that won't be a factor for long, either.

About the only negative I have is the location of the takedown lever is right where my stubby little support hand thumb wants to go!

I bought this gun sight-unseen, without even fondling one in a store. I'll be honest and say that I had a wee bit of buyers remorse after pulling the trigger. That feeling when away the second I pulled the gun out of the box and tried the trigger. We'll see if the smile on my face goes away, or gets bigger tomorrow!
    I'm looking forward to your range reviews. Its a good lookin' pistol. I haven't seen one in the hand yet. Sure looks tall. I'm very curious how it handles in rapid strings of fire.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Range Report: Part I

Well I took the new P320 to the range today even though I probably should have held off. I have a cold that got worse last night, but I wanted to run some rounds through the gun even though I could see how shaky I was just holding it!

Anyway, the gun performed flawlessly which was no shock. The trigger felt good, and I didn't have any of the trigger bite issues some have mentioned.

Accuracy was great, considering I was not doing my part. I wanted to check the sights at 10 yards and after getting acclimated to the 3 dot sights with half a dozen rounds, I was able to basically drill a single ragged hole with 4 rounds and a slight flyer at that short distance. However pushing the target out to 50" (the limit of our indoor range) showed the group open up due to operator failure. It's kind of funny but I was actually watching myself shake like I had just had a Venti Starbucks Cappuccino with an extra shot!

All in all this was a great outing for the gun, while it was a disappointing one for me. I think I'm going to wait until I get better and take the gun back out in stock form for a real test run as I just was not satisfied with my performance at all.
    @tacticaltexture

Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast