Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well ran a few rounds through it yesterday, and first let me say the full size frame, compact/carry slide version is my favorite by far. The recoil was extremely mild, even with 124 +p duty ammo. I was quite impressed with the handing of the pistol and the recoil impulse. Second, this thing is a freaking tack driver. First magazine I rest the pistol, well just set it on the bench and hold it, to see how the POA/POI and accuracy is. I know it's not a perfect setup, but it gives me a baseline for the pistol. The first 17 rounds out this thing went literally through the same hole at 10 yards. We qualify out to 25 yards and it was easily able to keep everything in the x and 9 rings, we use a modified B-27 for quals. Everything inside the 25 was dead center.

The trigger has a slight amount of grit, but nothing earth shattering, and it will clear up with time. Reliability was 100% with three different loads, WWB 115, Win Ranger T 124 +p and Speer 124 +P GD our duty ammo. Like every pistol I plan to use for duty, out of the box I removed the slide and gave it a quick visual inspection for anything out of the norm, threw it back together and started shooting. I do not clean or lube a brand new pistol, I want to run it right out of the box. If it functions 100% under these conditions, then it will very likely work after it has been cleaned and lubed.

Sights are the Sig light NS, # 8 rear # 6 front. I was expecting a 6 o clock hold, but it shot POA/POI with all rounds. I am planning on switching to HD's as I run them on everything, but the Sig NS are just fine for most.

Overall this platform is a solid winner in my book. As I have said before I have a specific set of criteria I use to gauge duty pistols for me. So far the 320 CA seems to meet all of them as well as my Glock G19. I was so impressed with its performance that I ordered my duty holster as soon as I left the range. I will run about another 300 rounds through it before I call it good, but I see no reason why anything should pop up.

I am invested quite heavily in Glocks, so they won't be going anywhere. I will say though that most of my future purchases are going to be 320's. If your on the fence about picking one of these up, I highly recommend it. It was a pure pleasure to shoot and I could have spent all day running it.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 07-10-15 at 13:30.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I just watch Apex's video on their flat trigger in stall for the 320. I'm pressed with the simplicity. Does anyone have a schematic for the 320?

ETA disregard. Has more parts than I figured though.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 07-10-15 at 16:57.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I just watch Apex's video on their flat trigger in stall for the 320. I'm pressed with the simplicity. Does anyone have a schematic for the 320?
    Don't have a schematic but the video makes the install look easier than it is. The spring Randy is pushing over so easily is a little more stout than it looks. Apparently the spring isn't easily damaged because my trigger seems to work fine after some .....manipulation!
    Silence In The Face Of Evil Is Itself Evil:
    God Will Not Hold Us Guiltless.
    Not To Speak Is To Speak.
    Not To Act Is To Act.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Don't have a schematic but the video makes the install look easier than it is. The spring Randy is pushing over so easily is a little more stout than it looks. Apparently the spring isn't easily damaged because my trigger seems to work fine after some .....manipulation!
    Gotcha. I have a few more 9mm glocks to buy but I'll definitely be getting a 320 shortly thereafter. I'm just hoping the parts availability from Sig picks up. If their going to compete with glock components need to be available in mass

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Well ran a few rounds through it yesterday, and first let me say the full size frame, compact/carry slide version is my favorite by far. The recoil was extremely mild, even with 124 +p duty ammo. I was quite impressed with the handing of the pistol and the recoil impulse. Second, this thing is a freaking tack driver. First magazine I rest the pistol, well just set it on the bench and hold it, to see how the POA/POI and accuracy is. I know it's not a perfect setup, but it gives me a baseline for the pistol. The first 17 rounds out this thing went literally through the same hole at 10 yards. We qualify out to 25 yards and it was easily able to keep everything in the x and 9 rings, we use a modified B-27 for quals. Everything inside the 25 was dead center.

The trigger has a slight amount of grit, but nothing earth shattering, and it will clear up with time. Reliability was 100% with three different loads, WWB 115, Win Ranger T 124 +p and Speer 124 +P GD our duty ammo. Like every pistol I plan to use for duty, out of the box I removed the slide and gave it a quick visual inspection for anything out of the norm, threw it back together and started shooting. I do not clean or lube a brand new pistol, I want to run it right out of the box. If it functions 100% under these conditions, then it will very likely work after it has been cleaned and lubed.

Sights are the Sig light NS, # 8 rear # 6 front. I was expecting a 6 o clock hold, but it shot POA/POI with all rounds. I am planning on switching to HD's as I run them on everything, but the Sig NS are just fine for most.

Overall this platform is a solid winner in my book. As I have said before I have a specific set of criteria I use to gauge duty pistols for me. So far the 320 CA seems to meet all of them as well as my Glock G19. I was so impressed with its performance that I ordered my duty holster as soon as I left the range. I will run about another 300 rounds through it before I call it good, but I see no reason why anything should pop up.

I am invested quite heavily in Glocks, so they won't be going anywhere. I will say though that most of my future purchases are going to be 320's. If your on the fence about picking one of these up, I highly recommend it. It was a pure pleasure to shoot and I could have spent all day running it.

TXPO
    Great write up! Does the carry have the dual recoil spring like the compact? Any reason you prefer the shorter slide? I found it interesting the sights are 6/8, sig must have been listening, both my full size and compact shipped with 8/8 and hit high past 15 yds. I ordered the hds for the 220 6/8 and they're dead on out to 25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    Great write up! Does the carry have the dual recoil spring like the compact? Any reason you prefer the shorter slide? I found it interesting the sights are 6/8, sig must have been listening, both my full size and compact shipped with 8/8 and hit high past 15 yds. I ordered the hds for the 220 6/8 and they're dead on out to 25.
    The spring is the same dual version that comes in the compact models. The slide, barrel and guide rod are the same as the compact. I have always preferred a shorter slide barrel combo. Less length and mass when clearing a holster, silly as that sounds, shorter ones just work better for me. That combo seems to better balance IMO. Sight radius isn't a factor for the type of shooting I do either. The only standard length pistol I have ever carried on duty was my Browning HP and Sig 220. Everything else has been short barreled version, P229, Glock 23/19 Colt Commanders etc. It is more a preference for me than anything else.

Good to know about the HD's as I was preparing to order some for the 226. I will make sure and get the 220 versions. I was surprised that my 320 hit POA/POI since I had been reading most were hitting at a 6 hold. Everything else I have hit POA/POI so this works well for me.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    The spring is the same dual version that comes in the compact models. The slide, barrel and guide rod are the same as the compact. I have always preferred a shorter slide barrel combo. Less length and mass when clearing a holster, silly as that sounds, shorter ones just work better for me. That combo seems to better balance IMO. Sight radius isn't a factor for the type of shooting I do either. The only standard length pistol I have ever carried on duty was my Browning HP and Sig 220. Everything else has been short barreled version, P229, Glock 23/19 Colt Commanders etc. It is more a preference for me than anything else.

Good to know about the HD's as I was preparing to order some for the 226. I will make sure and get the 220 versions. I was surprised that my 320 hit POA/POI since I had been reading most were hitting at a 6 hold. Everything else I have hit POA/POI so this works well for me.

TXPO
    I'm guessing those using the 6 o clock hold had the 8 front and were compensating for the shorter sight. I was getting about 3" high at 25 with the 8 front and rear. I'm POA/POI with the 6 front and 8 rear at 25.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    TEXASPOFF,

I am now watching this thread to see what kind of stippling that 320 Carry gets!

Please post some pics!

I love my 320 but a grip treatment/grip tape are a must!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCM View Post
    TEXASPOFF,

I am now watching this thread to see what kind of stippling that 320 Carry gets!

Please post some pics!

I love my 320 but a grip treatment/grip tape are a must!
    Stippling you say...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just picked up one of these. Awesome gun. First twenty rounds I fired after purchase at 10 yards:

Fullsize (mine) compared to the shops compact:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast