Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    you have to own at least two or you're just a weekend 320 guy.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by azeriosu85 View Post
    whats all over your slide?
    Lgs puts a damn sticker with the price on each gun. Things are nearly impossible to get off and I had yet to get after the residue that one left with some solvent.

Feedback Score
    Anybody hear any more rumors about the FBI adopting the Sig 320? Just curious.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Anybody hear any more rumors about the FBI adopting the Sig 320? Just curious.
    Yes. They wrote the requirement for the 320 (as no other company offers the same setup). Two things will happen out of this, Glock (for certain and maybe S&W) will sue. The SIG 320 will be super hard to come by and the price will go up.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    They wrote the requirement for the 320 (as no other company offers the same setup). Two things will happen out of this, Glock (for certain and maybe S&W) will sue.
    Seems to me like they'll lose too. Just because they don't have a product that meets the requirement doesn't mean they can't produce a product that meets the requirement. Uncle Sam writes requirements to get a desired solution all the time, all they have to do is have a logical reason for the requirements. I see it all the time on DoD side.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    Seems to me like they'll lose too. Just because they don't have a product that meets the requirement doesn't mean they can't produce a product that meets the requirement. Uncle Sam writes requirements to get a desired solution all the time, all they have to do is have a logical reason for the requirements. I see it all the time on DoD side.
    Neither Glock nor S&W (for instance) has any gun with a removable chassis. Yes, they can make a gun like this, but the effort and engineering that would go into it is not worth the cost IMHO. The FBI wants the SIG 320 and thusly wrote the req EXACTLY for it.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Neither Glock nor S&W (for instance) has any gun with a removable chassis. Yes, they can make a gun like this, but the effort and engineering that would go into it is not worth the cost IMHO. The FBI wants the SIG 320 and thusly wrote the req EXACTLY for it.

C4
    It all depends on how they wrote the requirement. They can't come right out and say "pistol shall be a SIG P320) but if all they say is there's a requirement for modularity or a modular chassis, tough luck to Glock and S&W. There are logical reasons why a gov't agency would want a modular pistol as an service weapon. The gov't wanting something that you can't or won't provide isn't grounds to win a lawsuit.

Same way if the Army says they want a helicopter that flies 250nm @ 135kts, Sikorsky can't sue to change the requirement just because their helicopters only fly 200nm @ 120kts. Either meet the requirement or go home....

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have to commend Sig for at least making slides and frames available. Ever try to find a complete Glock or M&P slide? If you do the prices are insane, at least with the Sig for $319 I can get slide complete with night sights, frame, extra mag and case.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It all depends on how they wrote the requirement. They can't come right out and say "pistol shall be a SIG P320) but if all they say is there's a requirement for modularity or a modular chassis, tough luck to Glock and S&W. There are logical reasons why a gov't agency would want a modular pistol as an service weapon. The gov't wanting something that you can't or won't provide isn't grounds to win a lawsuit.

Same way if the Army says they want a helicopter that flies 250nm @ 135kts, Sikorsky can't sue to change the requirement just because their helicopters only fly 200nm @ 120kts. Either meet the requirement or go home....
    I've been involved in writing specs for vehicles a couple of times in the fire service. All the supposed experts always try to tell me how unethical it is to write a spec that can only be met by one company. Personally I think that notion is complete BS and tailor the spec to the exact item the department wants to buy. If you have all the technical information it's very easy to write your spec so that nobody else can meet it without actually calling the make/model by name.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I have read it. There is only one pistol on the market that fits the description.

C4

Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast