Thread: Lasermax UNI Rail mount laser

Amongst Ospreys, Chickenheads, and all manner of strange creatures.
    Feedback Score

Lasermax UNI Rail mount laser

Hey guys, this is my first post, but i have enjoyed reading everyone's articles and opinions.
    I am buying stuff to go on my S&W MP15T. I am also pre-outfitting myself for another deployment to Iraq. I have been looking into the Lasermax Uni's and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on it yet. Any other models or brands that perform well would be greatly accepted also.
    Thanks guys.

Steve

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dyegator View Post
    Hey guys, this is my first post, but i have enjoyed reading everyone's articles and opinions.
    I am buying stuff to go on my S&W MP15T. I am also pre-outfitting myself for another deployment to Iraq. I have been looking into the Lasermax Uni's and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on it yet. Any other models or brands that perform well would be greatly accepted also.
    Thanks guys.

Steve
    Lasers have their place, but a very small place. If you're asking for you weapon at home, that's one thing, but if you're talking about your issue weapon during your deployment, then wouldn't your unit issue you at least PEQ-2's or the latest development in IR laser/illumination technology? If you're not issued that type of gear, then chances are that your role during the deployment wouldn't call for a Lasermax either, unless it's for the cool guy factor.

I would recommend that IF your unit doesn't supply you with at least an Aimpoint, then get one. Otherwise, invest in at least a Carbine course through one of the respected trainers in the industry (Larry Vickers, Paul Howe, MagpulDynamics, Pat Rogers, etc... - Look in the training section of this forum). That would be your best investment for the two-way range.

By the way, hope my post did not come across condescending as it was not meant to be in the slightest. Just trying to help out a brother. Welcome to M4C.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like very good advice...

Amongst Ospreys, Chickenheads, and all manner of strange creatures.
    Feedback Score
    no it didn't and i do appreciate the help. its hard to explain my mission, being national guard we get no funding and i am a medic so i will be bottom of the barrel for tac equipment when it comes from the supply room.
    I would love to go to one of the training classes and hopefully i have the time before i leave. Besides that I think you are right about the laser, and if im not issued one maybe i can scam a peq2 from a local unit. hehe.
    Thanks again for the advice.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    I mounted a LaserMax Uni to the pic rail of my Elzetta flashlight mount and it works very well. Having a laser in addition to a red dot scope (I have an EOTech) offers great versatility IMO. Red dots can only be seen by you whereas lasers can be seen by you AND your squad - both have their advantages.
    Here is my setup:
    Jesus said, "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Luke 12:49