Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long term reliability of low power trigger springs

Feedback Score
    I've used the JP Ent. Green springs for awhile, no issues shooting a wide variety of ammo. And they're the right price to boot.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I used the lower power of the two springs (red or yellow) that came with the JP EZ Trigger and one light primer strike/failure to fire within the first few rounds was enough for me to ditch it. This was with regular SR primers too, not 41's.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    I used the lower power of the two springs (red or yellow) that came with the JP EZ Trigger and one light primer strike/failure to fire within the first few rounds was enough for me to ditch it. This was with regular SR primers too, not 41's.
    Man... I've got a buddy who replaced several trigger/hammer/spring groups with Geissele triggers.... and the part are all fuX0red up with JP garbage and Bill Springfield retard trigger destroy jobs.

Friggin kills me... I can't bring myself to trash them, but I'll never trust them.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've experienced the same thing several times using Russian 223 ammo and a JP yellow spring/EZ trigger. Likely not an issue with better ammo and I've never tried it with my 6.8s as I've pretty much switched exclusively to Geissele.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warg View Post
    I've experienced the same thing several times using Russian 223 ammo and a JP yellow spring/EZ trigger. Likely not an issue with better ammo and I've never tried it with my 6.8s as I've pretty much switched exclusively to Geissele.
    Not an ammo issue. Russian primers are very good. If the ammo had SRM primers, then the cup was probably thick like an American Military primer. In any case... the JP junk is surely the problem.

I've had this issue happen when running rifle primers in 9mm hand loads. The cups are just too thick for a weak strike to ignite reliably.
    Last edited by markm; 08-21-14 at 10:21.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not an ammo issue. Russian primers are very good. If the ammo had SRM primers, then the cup was probably thick like an American Military primer. In any case... the JP junk is surely the problem.

I've had this issue happen when running rifle primers in 9mm hand loads. The cups are just too thick for a weak strike to ignite reliably.
    Yep- Wolf with brass SRMs. Only a few among one lot, but still. Wasn't a problem in my others.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep- Wolf with brass SRMs. Only a few among one lot, but still. Wasn't a problem in my others.
    Yep... when those first came out many of us mistook the MAG designation to mean a hotter primer, but it's just the thicker cup. I think I was getting a 1% failure to fire in a G17. In retrospect, what a waste of good primers in 9mm blasting ammo.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Man... I've got a buddy who replaced several trigger/hammer/spring groups with Geissele triggers.... and the part are all fuX0red up with JP garbage and Bill Springfield retard trigger destroy jobs.

Friggin kills me... I can't bring myself to trash them, but I'll never trust them.
    Yep... I don't "hate" the JP trigger, but it is not worth what they want for it... It is still a single stage.

Off the shelf Geissele's are worth every penny though. If I could only unload this JP trigger... I'd buy another Geissele in a heart beat.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 08-21-14 at 23:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yep... I don't "hate" the JP trigger, but it is not worth what they want for it... It is still a single stage.

Off the shelf Geissele's are worth every penny though. If I could only unload this JP trigger... I'd buy another Geissele in a heart beat.
    Whoops- I was replying to your prior edit and you posed the revision before I could finish. Personally, I've had positive experiences with lots of JP stuff. The trigger spring and trigger is not my favorite, however.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Whoops- I was replying to your prior edit and you posed the revision before I could finish. Personally, I've had positive experiences with lots of JP stuff. The trigger spring and trigger is not my favorite, however.
    I mean, JP stuff isn't horrible, but a lot of it seems kind of gimmicky to me. Of course the only thing I have experience with is the trigger... so take it FWIW.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast