Thread: Magpul Shotgun gear

Feedback Score

Magpul Shotgun gear

Has Magpul ever looked at building shotgun parts for shotguns besides the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500? Why not build parts for classics like the Remington 11-48 that needs a new forearm because the last one broke, or why not the auto loaders like the Remington 1100 or the 11-87, and the Winchester sX3, and Benelli M4, or sling mount parts for these guns as well? Has any of this been looked at; especially the Remington 11-48?
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think you have pretty much no chance of getting parts made for the 11-48 by Magpul since Remington no longer make the model. No offense, just being realistic.

That said, I would agree that a Magpul fore end for various autoloading shotguns could be quite interesting, and would sell, but as with anything there has to be both the market and demand for it. I just don't know if there is enough demand for them to justify it, since while it would sell, I don't know if enough would sell to justify the cost of R&D, manufacturing, and marketing. Also, there is a real possibility, for all we know, that they already have them in development and just have not announced, since the past few years they(and other companies) have taken a good deal of flak for announcing a product, or even product line, and then having issues in delivering it within short order due to delays, changes in design, or other issues. I would assume they may play cards a little closer to the chest for the time being to prevent from being constantly badgered about when product X is going to be released. In short, only time will tell.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Class III, it's a numbers, interest, and opportunity game. We have indeed looked at the entire shotgun market. I can't discuss what may or may not be in the development pipeline, but when the stars align and it makes financial sense to commit to the expense of designing a product and making the molds, we generally do so, prioritized by potential volume.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If you guys made the SGA stock for the 20ga. Remington 870 it would also fit the current 750 series rifles and a boatload of their older rifles/shotguns as well.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant