Cheers,
    Jack
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Something to think about. As I recall that barrel is somewhat beefy. Not sure of the diameter and the CMR rail is certainly not fat. People should consider the inner dimensions of the rail, barrel thickness and the potential for the gas block to hit the rail. Remember that barrels flex. This is very clearly seen in one of the Larry Vickers DD DVD's in very slow motion.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Good to go.
    We can pick up details via email or PM.

Cheers,
    Jack
    Jack, kudos for stepping up to the plate.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Something to think about. As I recall that barrel is somewhat beefy. Not sure of the diameter and the CMR rail is certainly not fat. People should consider the inner dimensions of the rail, barrel thickness and the potential for the gas block to hit the rail. Remember that barrels flex. This is very clearly seen in one of the Larry Vickers DD DVD's in very slow motion.
    Barrels flex, and so do free-floating handguards.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think the barrel whip seen in DD's carbine was amplified by the light profile barrel and the very stiff lite rail LAV was using.

Everything in a gun vibrates. It's just a function of the frequency and amplitude of the vibration.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I think the barrel whip seen in DD's carbine was amplified by the light profile barrel and the very stiff lite rail LAV was using.

Everything in a gun vibrates. It's just a function of the frequency and amplitude of the vibration.
    Still curious about this one.

Have you gotten the gun back and shot it yet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoodyar15 View Post
    Still curious about this one.

Have you gotten the gun back and shot it yet?
    I have not. I'll be out of town until early October. I'll have a week or so of downtime where I'll be able to modify the gas block and tinker with the scope mount.

Feedback Score
    I got my receiver back from Jack today. He even cleaned off the corrosion on the barrel. Thanks Jack, I really appreciate it.

I filed down the lower portion of the gas block a little bit, have about twice the clearance than I did before. I also snugged the QD clamps on my Larue mount so they grip the receiver a little tighter. I'll re-zero it tomorrow at 100yds (furthest distance I have locally) and see how it goes.

Thanks again for all your help, Jack.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Glad it got to you safely.
    You might want to take a look at your scope mount ring screws and ensure that they are at the correct torque.
    Let me know how it goes.
    Best of luck.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Inspected the scope rings also. The LT104 ring halves pinch at the top and rest against the frame on the bottom. I torqued the bottom first to 30 in/lbs as per LT's instructions and then torqued the top, used medium threadlocker on both. Turns out the torque wrench I used originally was a little off (out of curiosity, I tightened first to check them out, had between zero and 1/2 turn between the eight screws).

I left my scope sighted in at 600 yards, I got off work at noon and the local 100 yard range was closing at 1 since it's a private club run by volunteers. Since I wasn't going to have a whole lot of time to shoot for groups after re-sighting it in I decided to just take my Wolf Gold ammo to get on paper. I ended up getting just under 3moa from a 20 round "group".

I have Friday off, I'll take some match ammo and see what kind of 5 shot groups I can get when I'm not rushed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast