Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New M&P22 Compact

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhr1986 View Post
    Our shop got two in today, one is now a range (rental) gun, and the other sold today. I shot a few rounds through it today, maybe 20. I liked it. Nice size, decent trigger although the pull is a little heavy like other out of the box M&Ps. Did have a couple failures, one stovepipe, 2 FTEs but I was also shooting Federal Lightning. I'll put a box of Blazer through it tomorrow and report back if anyone cares. If anyone wants any comparison pics I can snap them tomorrow as well.
    Would be interested in a few pictures of this pistol 'in the wild' if you have a chance

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MH64 View Post
    Will the standard M&P22 magazines fit and function in the compact 22?
    No.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carftopher View Post
    Would be interested in a few pictures of this pistol 'in the wild' if you have a chance
    Here's a crappy cellphone pic I snapped at work. The other two pistols are a Glock 19 and Shield w/ the extended magazine. All of these pistols are the same height; the slide of the shield is a little shorter and the glock is a little longer. I shot a box of Blazer through it today, 0 malfunctions so the ones yesterday were likely due to the ammo as suspected. It shot pretty well, 25 rounds into 1 inch at 5 yards, 25 rounds into 2.75" at 10 yards. That is about as well as I shoot on an average day so a better shooter could probably squeeze some better groups out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1) Does the trigger feel more like an M&P (i.e. heavier, poor reset) or is it light and clicky like the larger M&P22?

I want to take the safety off my M&P22 and replace it with plugs, but the trigger is just too light. (I know, it's a plinker and I shouldn't care)

2) Is the barrel that bronze type with a stiffening sleeve?

The M&P22 was a gun I wanted to hate because of it's construction, but mine has actually been pretty accurate (aside from RS loosening) and 100% reliable suppressed and unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Update, we took this gun COMPLETELY apart. It is an interesting mix of a Shield and a CZ P-07. It has a hammer, sear, hammer strut, etc. Pull weight was 6LBS when we started. Went in and stoned all contact surfaces and cut 1 coil off the hammer strut spring. Pull weight is now 4LBS. We will have to just do an internal polish and see what that takes the pull weight down to.

Pistol is also very accurate. First shot was at 110yds on a 12" steel plate with a hit.

C4

Are the sights on these metal or plastic?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Are the sights on these metal or plastic?
    Plastic.

C4

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    1) Does the trigger feel more like an M&P (i.e. heavier, poor reset) or is it light and clicky like the larger M&P22?

I want to take the safety off my M&P22 and replace it with plugs, but the trigger is just too light. (I know, it's a plinker and I shouldn't care)

The M&P22 was a gun I wanted to hate because of it's construction, but mine has actually been pretty accurate (aside from RS loosening) and 100% reliable suppressed and unsuppressed.
    Trigger is similar to centerfire m&ps, pretty heavy break, I'd guess in the 6.5-7.0lb range. You *can* feel the reset but it's not really pronounced.

I still haven't taken a look at the barrel, i'd imagine its the same as other mp22s.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post

1. is not like any other M&P trigger. Unique in most every way.

2. No. Different barrel.

The build quality and how it is designed is superior to the M&P22 IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    S&W makes a g19 sized gun...m&p45c

I like the size of the mp9 compact, IMO it's what a compact pistol should be.
    Exactly. The M&P9c is perfect sizef for a double-stack carry, if you want bigger carry the FS. I prefer the M&P9c over both the G19 and the G26. I never really get the frequent comments about "Why doesn't S&W make G19-sized M&P?"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I think he meant that S&W came up with the design (slide size and such) not Walther/Umarex. Walther does indeed make the M&P22, but does not make this new compact.

C4
    So why is S&W making a new M&P 22 that has the same operating system, incompatible mags, and is only half an inch shorter than the original? For consumers like me who already have the original M&P22, it's hard to see anything compelling in this model. Is S&W just trying to move away from having Walther/Umarex making these? That makes me wonder how well the warranty support will continue for those of us on the original model.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast