Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P22 Compact

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of my local dealers got one already. It looks just like a Shield but with a thumb safety like the full size pistols. The sights are better than the full size .22 also in our opinion.

Now that I look at Grant's pic that one looks more like a regular Compact model. The one my dealer got definitely looks like a Shield.
    Last edited by cathellsk; 08-15-14 at 18:16.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Looks as if the thumb safety is set further forward than the full size .22. More like the center fire handguns. Good thing.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How is the grip size on this compared to the full size M&P 22? Specifically the circumference. Looking to get something small for my younger brothers/sisters to shoot.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    We got some of these in. They are TOTALLY different than the Walther made ones (much better IMHO).

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We got some of these in. They are TOTALLY different than the Walther made ones (much better IMHO).

C4
    How is the grip size on this compared to the full size M&P 22? Specifically the circumference. Looking to get something small for my younger brothers/sisters to shoot.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Thinner. Something closer to a SHIELD IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks! On my short list now. Torn between this and a Ruger 22/45 LITE.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Thanks! On my short list now. Torn between this and a Ruger 22/45 LITE.
    I just got a chance to look at the internals of this new compact. It is WAY better designed than the FS version. Much simpler and easier to modify (aka do trigger work on). I have sent an e-mail off to the good folks at Apex tactical with some thoughts.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Update, we took this gun COMPLETELY apart. It is an interesting mix of a Shield and a CZ P-07. It has a hammer, sear, hammer strut, etc. Pull weight was 6LBS when we started. Went in and stoned all contact surfaces and cut 1 coil off the hammer strut spring. Pull weight is now 4LBS. We will have to just do an internal polish and see what that takes the pull weight down to.

Pistol is also very accurate. First shot was at 110yds on a 12" steel plate with a hit.

C4

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast