Thread: Wartak

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Wartak

Wartak is Ukrainian ammo I found for sale in Las Vegas produced by Lugansk Cartridge Works. It's steel cased, berdan primed, bimetal jacketed, non-corrosive 124 gr 9mm at $10/50 rds.

I bought 2 boxes of 9mm Wartak. My cousin bought 2 boxes as well. And my Uncle did too.

Through a clean Glock 17, it functioned mostly ok, but there were 5 soft primer strikes. The gun was also ridiculously dirty after shooting, there was red/pink sealant everywhere, and it needed a full cleaning.

Through my somewhat dirty M&P9c, it functioned well until the last round, which was a failure to extract due to the empty casing getting stuck in the chamber. Had to use a cleaning rod and mallet to get it out.

Through a rented (dirty) P30L, a casing got stuck in the chamber every 4 rounds or so, each requiring a cleaning rod and mallet to remove. Failures persisted slightly less frequently after the P30L was cleaned by The Range's gunsmith. After a box and a half, everyone was tired of this crap and we got a box of Magtech ammo which worked great.

DO NOT USE WARTAK AMMO FOR DEFENSIVE PURPOSES unless losing a gunfight is on your bucket list of things to do before you die.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 09-10-14 at 12:36.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Had to be the HK.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Had to be the HK.
    I know right lol

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So just saw some good shooters fire a couple hundred Wartak .223. Keyholing like crazy. Also a ton of malfunctions.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post

DO NOT USE WARTAK AMMO FOR DEFENSIVE PURPOSES unless losing a gunfight is on your bucket list of things to do before you die.
    That one line made my day!
    Better equipment doesn’t make you a better shot. Better practice makes you a better shot.

I’m not impressed by a lifetime warranty. I’m impressed by something built to last a lifetime!

American by birth, Veteran by choice!

Eric

Feedback Score
    This couldn't possibly be the crappy amm ! You just have to be "limp writing" tongue firmly in cheek here!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR10TFn View Post
    This couldn't possibly be the crappy amm ! You just have to be "limp writing" tongue firmly in cheek here!
    Or the gun needed more lube!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v