Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noveske Barrel

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've never tried it in anything but the Chargemaster. Even the chargemaster struggles with many extruded powders. They pile up at the end of the feed and when it just wants a kernel or two, 6 kernels will drop.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you have not done the mc donalds straw trick yet it will help. It helps to keep clumps from forming. Over throws virtually go away. If you got 10-15 normally with the straw it will be 1-2. The mc d's straw is the perfect size.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    If you have not done the mc donalds straw trick yet it will help. It helps to keep clumps from forming. Over throws virtually go away. If you got 10-15 normally with the straw it will be 1-2. The mc d's straw is the perfect size.
    Interesting. I'm gonna have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Fudge me! I'd never heard of that ponzi scheme. I just google it, and can't wait to try it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Fudge me! I'd never heard of that ponzi scheme. I just google it, and can't wait to try it.
    Mark,
    From another post I wrote - "The Chargemasters are fully programmable - in that you can change all of the speeds at which the dispensing unit runs. They go through a progression of high speed, to medium speed, then low speed then trickle. Basically the default settings switch from high speed to medium speed way too early. Same with the shift from medium to slow. I have 2 Chargemasters, and one is set up to run charges that are typically found in 223/556 cartridges; 23-28 grains. The othe one is set up (programed) to throw charges in medium sized cartridges; 308/762 in the 40-46gr range. Using the factory settings, a typical throw would take sometimes upwards of 45 seconds. Now, I can typically get a 223 charge done in about 16 seconds (average) The 308 loads will meter in about 18 seconds. There are a LOT of parameters that can be changed - some of which are a mystery. One big caution is that once they are changed, there isn't a "Return To Default" option so it is best to write down all of the original settings before you change anything. Additionally, the dispensing tube can be a problem - stick powder tends to clump at the end and when the unit "bumps" in trickle mode a big clump will drop and you'll get an over charge. The solution is to take a McDonalds straw and cut off a piece about a 1/2 inch long. On one end, cut little pie shaped wedges out all the way around - 6 or so. The end of the straw will look like a kings crown. Insert the straw straight cut end in first and push it in so the pointed "spikes" are flush with the end. This little mod smooth's out the flow and the little wedge cuts break up any clumps. It has basically eliminated over charges.
    There are some other things too - basic set up stuff. Leveling is very important. Use a good filtered / protected power strip. Don't coil the power cord and obviously keep it away from drafts.

Like I wrote earlier - if there is interest, I can start another thread about reprogramming the Chargemaster."
    opsoff

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shitheads"- Colonel Charlie Beckwith

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm weird about messing with stuff like that. I've read about these nutbags on Accurateshooter doing this, but I'm the opposite kind of nut...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It works....trust me..... just bend over - I'll show you...
    Famous last words.
    Seriously - it'll cut your throw times by a half if not more.

There is only a few #'s to change - simple and if you write down the originals #'s you can still go back to the defaults.
    opsoff

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shitheads"- Colonel Charlie Beckwith

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm trying the straw scam first. If I start programming the CM... next thing you know, I'll be carrying a smart phone.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have not re programmed the cm yet, but rcbs will actually walk you through the process over the phone. They will also help you re set the factory settings if you go to far. I throw a charge then seat the bullet so im fine with factory speed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    I throw a charge then seat the bullet so im fine with factory speed.
    Yeah... I either have the Arbor press running near by to seat bullets, or I'm chamfering necks while it's dispensing. Speed isn't an issue for me... it's the over throws that I could use improvement on.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast