Thread: Quick BCM KMR rail install / removal question

Feedback Score

Quick BCM KMR rail install / removal question

I recently bought a complete upper with a BCM KMR 13. The rail is ever so slightly out of alignment with the upper. The rail needs to be rotated just a touch. Do I just loosen / remove the two bolts to adjust the rail? Anything else to it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You'll probably need a heat gun or hair dreyer to expand the rail off of the barrel nut some in order to move it. The friction fit of the rail to the barrel nut is really tight, even after you remove the two bolts on top. Don't forget to only torque the screws to 30-40 in-lbs when you put it back together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have removed and reinstalled my KMR a few times. I never needed any sort of heat in order to adjust its alignment. Just a few taps in either direction lined it right up.

Rick

Feedback Score
    Mine needed a heat gun as well. It is a very tight fit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rubber mallet and piece of wood allowed me to install it without issue every time. The 10.5 inch "pistol" has been putting down groups under 1MOA since the day 1.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    FWIW, the KMRs I've installed/adjusted needed some heat to get them to move. A little heat from a hair dryer or heat gun couldn't hurt.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've now got 3 of them. One upper I got from BCM was out of line with the receiver. I took the screws out and tapped it with a mallet and it went where it needed to. I didn't have to heat it. The first one was just a plain rail I installed on a home- built upper, 18" WOA, BCM upper, BCM block. It was tight going on but required no heat and aligned easily. It's a great design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk