Thread: Active shooter threat training program?

Feedback Score

Active shooter threat training program?

Has anyone been to Active shooter threat training program at the federal law enforcement training center? It is free LEO and was wondering if it’s worthwhile or just 4 days of class room time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have not been to FLETC, we've had guys go to the ones at NGRTC's and I've attended one put on by the one's DOJ is contracting with.

IMHO, too much reliance on the moving wall in the hall (team movement) and not enough on one or two person response.

According to stats from various places the median timeline of violence in these situations is 3 minutes with a person being shot or killed every 15 seconds. Most jurisdictions wouldn't be able to assemble at team of 3 to 5 to enter within that time.

That would be the info I would try to ascertain - how much time is spent or 3 officer or greater contact teams.

Additionally, to get grant money (or funding in the budget) they have to emphasize it as terrorism response, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but plays into the multiple member team thing.

Just some food for thought - I'd go, it cant hurt and I'm sure you'll pick up something.