Thread: Introduction to Tactical Carbine – Waterman, IL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Introduction to Tactical Carbine – Waterman, IL

Introduction to Tactical Carbine – Waterman, IL

Introduction to Tactical Carbine will cover the basics of how to get the most out of your AR weapons platform. How to manipulate and retain your rifle, how to reload with efficiency, how to perform malfunction drills, and marksmanship exercises you can practice when you go home.

Gear list:
    An AR15 rifle.
    At least SIX (6) functioning and reliable magazines.
    250 rounds of ammunition.
    A chest rig/vest/ammunition carrier of some kind.
    A single/double/triple point sling.
    Eye and ear protection.

All instruction is done right on the range.

We will have a discussion during lunch so plan on sticking around.

For more information
    Phone (847) 920-USRA (8772)
    Email: info@usrifleman.org

still recovering from this class.
    $100-every-penny-worth it!

Pace of class: excellent
    Learning curve: excellent

What I took from class:
    Re-learned my AR functions, maintenance, and handling.
    I had to re-learned my basics: Tap, Rack, etc all over again.
    The Admin reloads and Tactical reloads were interesting to learn and find my faults, and my stress level were pushed. I took away, that I need to do more dry fire and reload exercises to further strengthen my arms.
    I learned to streamline further my gears, handling my sling on which works best for my gear and use. I started with a two-point, and ended training more with a single point.
    Learned how to stack my magazines properly for reloads.

I learned I definitely need a dump pouch.
    I learned that my Level IV plates gets super heavy at the end of the day.
    I learned to cinch my gears better for lesser bounce to distribute the weight.

I learned my hold and my Aimpoint Micro H1 can truly handle the abuse the maker claims. Learned that it was a worthy investment.
    I learned cheap ammo will cost malfunction.
    I learned a cheap part will fall off.
    I learned that Gen 3 Magpul Mags are definitely better than my Gen 2 (windowed)
    I learned thumb-over bore is definitely better at quick acquisition and better shot placement...YVMM

Took a lot from this class, and will definitely bring one more person(or two) the next time this class gets offered again.
    I definitely bring a cooler with lots of water for hydration next time
    I really got to test my gears, and see which will work for me or not.

This cheezeburger operator got operated today by great staff: Doug, Chris, Dave...sorry can't remember other guy.

Great job guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Sounds like a good basic course, good on you for recognizing the need for a basic class. This step is commonly missed (especially among men) due to our over active egos, then we're behind the powerful curve.
    Congratulations
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    it was good gut-check.

Even after a deep-tissue massage, I'm still sore all over. For reference, I'm 40-achoo!-years old, no exercise, just stretching old muscles is my morning routines.
    I gear-whore often, and this class gave me a wake-up call that procurement of 6-mags and 100 PVC patches and a keyboard will not guarantee my POA & POI.

I'll definitely be doing more Tactical Reload exercises with my dry-fire exercises.

I'll definitely be criticizing myself more with the Tap-Rack-Bang....

Besides the dump pouch, I'll be acquiring more Snap-Caps to include in my visit to the range.
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    .....2nd time attending this class with United States Rifleman Association, this time at Durand Illinois

What I took from class:
    Re-learned my AR functions, maintenance, and handling.

I learned this time, the classic push rod has still its place in cleaning the barrel vs the new "rope-down-the barrel"

I had to re-learned my basics: Tap, Rack, etc all over again

....still need to get into the rhythm...got two left feet.

The Admin reloads and Tactical reloads were interesting to learn and find my faults, and my stress level were pushed. I took away, that I need to do more dry fire and reload exercises to further strengthen my arms

....since I've been doing more dry fire in the basement I've noticeably got faster with the reloads....unfortunately, the upper arm strengths needs serious improvement as I age.

I learned to streamline further my gears, handling my sling on which works best for my gear and use. I started with a two-point, and ended training more with a single point.

....I went back to the two-point sling with my dry fire and noticeably I learned to manage my weapon better with the two-sling.... not wanting to hinder or exclude the single-point, I'm taking interest now with the Triglide from Impact Weapons...maybe I can incorporate it with my dry-fire and into the third class.

Learned how to stack my magazines properly for reloads...dry-firing and practicing with the various reloads, I'm finally coming to a favorite way to "face" my magazines, but, also learning from instructors that there is a single plane when crossed, its better to face a magazine a certain way, since ergonomics tends to vary with certain position of the body...new to learn

I learned I definitely need a dump pouch.

....so much better now and much appreciated that I acquired two dump pouch

I learned that my Level IV plates gets super heavy at the end of the day.

This I prepared for it, so this class I fair better than last class

I learned to cinch my gears better for lesser bounce to distribute the weight.

...less problem this class.

I learned my hold and my Aimpoint Micro H1 can truly handle the abuse the maker claims. Learned that it was a worthy investment.

I asked permission from the instructors that at end of class, if I may train with my MCU-2/P Gas Mask. Being that I wear glasses, the mask gave me no room for the glasses, but with the mask on and the H1's brightness setting set higher; I had no problem acquiring my target from 25 yards to 50 yards. I experienced the banging of the mask and the stock for a proper cheek-weld, but quickly learned to adjust using the H1. Very satisfied with these two investments so far.

I learned cheap ammo will cost malfunction.
    I learned a cheap part will fall off.

as witnessed from other attendees...buy once cry once

I learned thumb-over bore is definitely better at quick acquisition and better shot placement...YVMM

same experience...using my flashlight as hand stop was good training also.

Again, took a lot from this class, and this time, as promised I brought one more person, and he took a lot from this class too, as he said, so much difference from bench shooting,

I definitely bring a cooler with lots of water for hydration next time

drank a lot before and after the class help me managed my soreness afterwards...sore for 1.5 days vs four from last time

I really got to test my gears, and see which will work for me or not

the training with the MCU-2/P was met and exceeded.

Again. this cheezeburger operator got operated today by great staff: Doug, Chris,

Learned new: Steel Target are better than paper targets when shooting dynamic...will post video later...have to edit faces out

BCM thanks to G&R Tactical

Gears thanks to M4C EE forum members

Unlisted video, please DO NOT SHARE anywhere else.

Next class will be in Aug 30....so fellow Illinois please come and learn