Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Faces of the M9 - Ernest Langdon, USMC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Much when the gun makes reaching the trigger a struggle and when the decocker is in the wrong place.
    Never a problem for me.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Much when the gun makes reaching the trigger a struggle and when the decocker is in the wrong place.
    Yeah, those are my least favorite things about the CZ-75 as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Better than CZ 75 on both accounts though.
    That depends on your hands. There's a reason I own CZs but not Berettas.

What some consider excellent, others consider unserviceable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only issue I have heard with CZ's is the trigger reach for people with small hands. This can be alleviated by keeping the DA pull on the half cock notch as designed, or starting SA for guns that have a manual safety. In addition, different triggers are available as is trigger work to customize the trigger pull to fit you.

The biggest issue with the 92 for me is the position, and operation of the safety. Conversion to a "G" model fixes that.
    Last edited by Pilot1; 08-25-14 at 06:03.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That depends on your hands. There's a reason I own CZs but not Berettas.

What some consider excellent, others consider unserviceable.
    For me, the P Series guns fixed the problem of no deckcocker or odd decocker and too far trigger reach compared to the standard CZ75 series. Like you alluded to, everyone is different so there are no absolutes when it comes to ergonomics.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    The only issue I have heard with CZ's is the trigger reach for people with small hands. This can be alleviated by keeping the DA pull on the half cock notch as designed, or starting SA for guns that have a manual safety. In addition, different triggers are available as is trigger work to customize the trigger pull to fit you.

The biggest issue with the 92 for me is the position, and operation of the safety. Conversion to a "G" model fixes that.
    Ditto for me on the CZ75. I preferred starting the gun in DA mode, so I had to manually lowered the hammer then make sure that it is in the half cock notch to allow for better trigger reach. I could reach and pull the trigger with the hammer in the full forward position but it is quite a long reach with the tip of my index finger. As for starting the gun in SA mode, that was out of the question for me. The CZ75 series put the thumb safety in the wrong location for people with small hands. WTF??? do all Czechs have huge hands? The thumb safety is too far forward and too high ! It is not in the ideal location as the 1911s or the High Power. Otherwise, I loved shooting the CZ75.

How did I solve the problem? With the CZ P07 The decocker works exactly like the "G" Beretta and it's reachable. The recoil is minimal, the gun is reliable and super accurate.

With all of this Beretta talk and the approaching Langdon pistol class in two weeks, I handled my first Beretta in 4 years on Saturday. Must admit that the bug is back and that store gun felt like an old friend.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    For me, the P Series guns fixed the problem of no deckcocker or odd decocker and too far trigger reach compared to the standard CZ75 series. Like you alluded to, everyone is different so there are no absolutes when it comes to ergonomics.
    Exactly.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Updates new models?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I would like to buy another Brigadier model if they brought it back

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by w3453l; 08-29-14 at 23:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    Updates new models?
    Just heard this morning the "G" models are being released again.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast