Thread: Depth of Pin hole for MB pinning?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)

Depth of Pin hole for MB pinning?

Searched but could not find what Im looking for. Im pinning a SF muzzle device on a barrel for a Co-worker. What is the adequate amount of depth into the barrel. Right now Im exactly at .050. Good enough? I was just going to pin it at that, but wanted to make sure that was good enough without going to deep to compromise the barrel.

I know the answer "correct" answer is deep enough so it doesn't move. But is there a standard that some of the "industry professionals" use?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd say .050" is plenty on something that will never be an issue. I can't imagine that one of these jobs has ever been scrutinized by the man... ??

I never measured any of the holes on devices I've removed. Too painful to look at the nonsense.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd say .050" is plenty on something that will never be an issue. I can't imagine that one of these jobs has ever been scrutinized by the man... ??

I never measured any of the holes on devices I've removed. Too painful to look at the nonsense.
    Yea that's what I figured. Yes nonsense is exactly what it is. But hey, better to play safe then deal with consequences over something so silly. Thanks Mark.

Update... after the fact... Just measured a DD I just took apart that was pinned. Depth was .044. So guess I'm in the ballpark.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 08-19-14 at 22:16. Reason: Update...