Thread: 2013 Lurker Member from STL

Feedback Score

2013 Lurker Member from STL

Hi everyone I've actually been a member since 2013, but have generally just lurked this forum for helpful info. I've never posted because any question I've had has been answered in a sticky or five threads have been made about it already.

All of you have been enormously helpful in helping me in trouble shooting my AR15 over the past year. I wish I would've came here before purchasing one and I would have saved myself a headache.

My firearm experience is has always been limited to revolver and traditional hunting rifles. I shoot my Ruger PSS fairly regularly and I go deer hunting every year with my Marlin 336. I use my AR15 for target plinking and enjoy that quite a bit. The only semiauto handguns I've had experience shooting are a glock and my grandfather's german luger and that's in a very limited capacity.

That being said with all that's happening in Saint Louis right now I've signed up for MO CCP class. I've not yet decided on what I will carry, but I'm hoping this forum and hopefully the CCP instructor can help advise me on what will work best for me.

I appreciate all the advice I've already received and will in the future.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Welcome from the other side of the state! On the choice of a CCW, first you need to find what is comfortable for you to shoot, what you can shoot accurately, what you can get the most practice from for your money and then make your choice of holster carry based on your body type. You'll need to make considerations for your wardrobe according to how you carry, for your comfort as well as avoiding obvious printing. There is a lot more to concealed carry than anyone thinks about, if your instructor is good he'll cover these points in class.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advice. I'm taking the course through a place called Sovereign Arms located in Arnold, MO. http://www.sovereignarms.com/ They offer a lot more comprehensive pistol and carbine training as well. Let me know what you've heard about them if anything good or bad.

Feedback Score
    Welcome aboard. CC classes can be a good training investment even if you don't intend to carry. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Welcome neighbor. I'll second what others have said. Get your CCW even if you never carry. There's good info to be had with a good instructor. I took mine with a St. Louis County Police Officer (range instructor if memory serves)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Welcome. Didn't know there were that many people here in the STL area.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Plissken View Post
    ... I've not yet decided on what I will carry...
    Snake, have you made this decision yet? When deciding this for myself, I rented 4 different pistols at my local range. Internet info and friends' recommendations helped me narrow it down, but the final decision was much easier to make while shooting the pistols back to back. Good luck!