Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor cover - which one?

Feedback Score

Suppressor cover - which one?

I tried the search and didn't find much info out there. Perhaps my Google-foo is weak.

I am looking for a heat/mirage cover for my Saker 556. I have narrowed it down to Griffon HMMS, TAB Gear SASR, or Riflesonly FTW suppressor cover.

Tab has the lowest max temp rating at 1800 degrees but is custom sized for the correct fit and the price is right at $68.
    Riflesonly is rated for 2000 degrees continous but is not available in exactly the right length. Price is $86
    Griffon is rated to 3000 degrees but again is not just the right length and comes in at $130. And from what I understand, Griffon is made in Wisconsin - I like to buy local when possible.

My Saker measures 1.5" diameter x 6.75" long. I am not shooting FA but short rapid strings do occur occasionally.

Any thoughts or opinions on these? Or is there something else I should consider? My search showed people liked the US Palm cover but I can't find it on their website.

Thanking you in advance...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its ugly but there's also manta rails suppressor cover which is 1.5"x 7" $65.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    You might consider one of the bower subguns silicone suppressor covers. Way less expensive although not as "tactical" looking.

There was a recent post where one of the wrap style covers had melted onto the suppressor with only moderate use.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    For the price I might have to try that Bowers one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The rifles only cover is rated for 2,000 on the outer cover.... but 3,000 on the inner piece (which will be for sale in a month).
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like the Griffon HMMS so far. Works as intended, no melting with a few mag dumps.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I like the Griffon HMMS so far. Works as intended, no melting with a few mag dumps.
    Is the inside still white? It looks like the rifles only version is black.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Is the inside still white? It looks like the rifles only version is black.
    Yeah for the most part. It slipped one time and I got carbon on the front inside (and blasted some fibers it seems), but that was my fault for not tightening it.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Found the other thread, was on the second page. Here's the specific post with N.Franklin's melted cover: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...90#post1968490

Not sure which brand that one is. EliteIron perhaps? If so, rated to 1200 degrees.
    Last edited by Slippers; 08-20-14 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    TAB gear is what I use and have for many years now. Seems like some are trying to hard to reinvent the wheel to charge more money when the wheel works just fine.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast