Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***DO NOT GIFT FUNDS ON PAYPAL***

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krichbaum View Post
    Any gun part they don't explicitly list. Since it isn't spelled out, everyone is just assuming. Just to name a few...
    barrels
    stocks
    sights
    triggers (semi auto)
    buffers
    lower parts kits (with semi auto fcg)
    grips
    muzzle devices

Are those allowed? It doesn't say they aren't allowed, but since Paypal's list is qualified with 'includes but is not limited to'...how do you know? People keep claiming many of those items I listed are ok, but where are they getting this from?
    I'd say that with a little comprehension that those are all fine to sell through PayPal.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Some people, like those that constantly write letters to the NFA people, need to have their hands held through life.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    I'd say that with a little comprehension that those are all fine to sell through PayPal.
    With a few assumptions, all kinds of things are possible.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    Some people, like those that constantly write letters to the NFA people, need to have their hands held through life.
    If you're claiming that any particular part is allowed, then just show me where it says so. I've read all of the legal documents and policies so I don't see how that is "having my hand held" to ask for the proof. Just show me...how hard is that?

(and I've never written a letter to the ATF regarding NFA items even though I have plenty of stamps)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great info. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Bump.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I don't get what your gripe is. PP is not going to say with 100% certainty or give you a master list. They're going to interpret and decide how they want...which is why they say "includes but is not limited to." I'm sure it applies to things other than firearms. PP has always been something slightly risky for the shooting community.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    I don't get what your gripe is. PP is not going to say with 100% certainty or give you a master list. They're going to interpret and decide how they want...which is why they say "includes but is not limited to." I'm sure it applies to things other than firearms. PP has always been something slightly risky for the shooting community.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
    The gripe is that people keep telling others that Paypal is ok with gun parts. All I asked for is proof of that. Like you just said though, using Paypal for gun parts (regardless of the payment type) is risky. And it's because their policy allows them to deem pretty much anything gun related as an item that is restricted, then freeze your account. Done here...there's no proof...you take your chances.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The whole paypal for weapons parts is confusing.

Look at all of the remington 870 barrels for sale on ebay. Most are listed that they accept paypal. Ebay owns paypal and regularly scans Ebay auctions for things that are prohibited. The barrels would be gone if they were a prohibited item.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Bump. Set. Spike.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast