Thread: Form 1 "Draft State"

Feedback Score

Form 1 "Draft State"

I submitted (at least I am pretty sure I did) a Form 1 via efile on 8/4/2014. I looked at it again today and there is nothing under "submit date". I got charged $200 from the ATF on 8/5 according to my bank records.

Is there any way I could have been charged without submitting my form? Has anybody else seen this before?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackmagic View Post
    I submitted (at least I am pretty sure I did) a Form 1 via efile on 8/4/2014. I looked at it again today and there is nothing under "submit date". I got charged $200 from the ATF on 8/5 according to my bank records.

Is there any way I could have been charged without submitting my form? Has anybody else seen this before?
    One question first...when you log into EForms, near the top left you'll see the "tree". Is your form under DRAFT or SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS? See top-left of this pic for example:

There are two steps at the end. One is to pay, and the next is to actually submit...so yes, you could've paid and not submitted.

Go back into EForms, and go to the last "tab" for the form, called Certify. See if the Pay button is grayed out. If it looks like this, you never submitted:

Click submit and then you'll enter your password:

And then this:

Last edited by BigWaylon; 08-21-14 at 07:24.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wasn't there an E File Tutorial here? Shouldn't there be one stickied at the top of this (NFA) forum?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Wasn't there an E File Tutorial here? Shouldn't there be one stickied at the top of this (NFA) forum?
    There is one. I wrote it. That's what those screen shots came from. Had to repost it here instead of just linking to the original I did on ARFCOM. It would be nice if somebody made it a sticky.

Here's the link: Visual Guide: How to fill out a Form 1 using EFORMS.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 08-21-14 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Geez. If a suppressor pic thread can be stuck, surely that one can.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    One question first...when you log into EForms, near the top left you'll see the "tree". Is your form under DRAFT or SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS? See top-left of this pic for example:

There are two steps at the end. One is to pay, and the next is to actually submit...so yes, you could've paid and not submitted.

Go back into EForms, and go to the last "tab" for the form, called Certify. See if the Pay button is grayed out. If it looks like this, you never submitted:

Click submit and then you'll enter your password:

And then this:

I missed the sign and submit button....gtg now thanks!