Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Donor Shotguns for SBS Projects

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I believe the factory 14" Mossberg 590A1 is the best solution. It holds 5 rounds VS the Remington's 4. Add a +1 extension and it holds 6 VS 5. The tang mounted safety is ambidextrous and easier to use than the Remy. It is cheaper than a Remington.

I have one in processing on a Form 3 from Acme Sports. When I bought it off GB, he had more. http://www.acmesportsinc.com/

A Remington is easier to convert without requiring a gunsmith. Bead and rifle sight 14" barrels are available and a simple drop in. Some want to go 12" which requires cutting a barrel down.
    Last edited by DWood; 08-23-14 at 17:34.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    now im going to have to look for pics

I have an old beater wingmaster I bought from the shooting range for $100, the smith there but the barrel down to 18.....sounds like a good project

what is ideal 12"?

Feedback Score
    This is a 590A1 factory SBS. It came with the 14 inch barrel, but it's fun with the 'super shorty' front end on it too. I need to get a tall sight for the short barrel so it lines up with the ghost rear. A 500 would pretty much be the same gun for less money.

Feedback Score
    Well it looks like I'm getting a coach gun the older Baikal with exposed hammers. The next question is keep the stock or go Road Warrior?

Feedback Score
    Actually an update. Looks like I'm getting two guns!

For one's Road Warrior/Joe Biden Needs

Cost traded an upper and I'm getting money on top of it...which leads me into this deal...

This one is kind of neat it was papered as a Pistol Grip Title 1 Shotgun. Guy sold the barrel and never fired it or had the time to make it an AOW (I'm leaning towards it being a SBS vs AOW). Cost only $65 out of pocket!

Makes the cost of SBSing the two very easy to deal with spread over two months (well not the cost of having Paladin Armory or someone else do the actual work post stamp).
    Last edited by gfanikf; 08-23-14 at 22:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Old 870 Wingmaster. I am trying to find a used beater 870 wingmaster for cheap for just such a project. The ideal scenario would be to get one from an old lady whose husband died.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    813929755_cxwGu-O.jpghttp://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Fabu...55_cxwGu-O.jpg

this is kind of what im picturing (but making it flush)......and its hard not to wonder about a folding stock

http://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Fabu...55_cxwGu-O.jpg
    Last edited by JG007; 08-25-14 at 00:24. Reason: pic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    This is a 590A1 factory SBS. It came with the 14 inch barrel, but it's fun with the 'super shorty' front end on it too. I need to get a tall sight for the short barrel so it lines up with the ghost rear. A 500 would pretty much be the same gun for less money.

Now that's nice! What's the best place to get factory SBS 590s? All I ever see is 500s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12