Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Been trying to trade for an arsenal AK, is this a bad deal?

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    That's great to hear. Last I knew Waffen Werks created a big mess and were having a hard time fixing their mistakes.

DDI is a stand up company for taking care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    Bad news---WW is out of business. Good news----DDI bought them and is honoring all of their rifle's warranties. Everyone I know that has sent their WWs in for service at DDI has been extremely happy so you can still buy with confidence.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    I've heard nothing but good things about Waffen Werks and that they stand by their product. I have no experience with them though. I had a Lancaster Rough
    Rider 74 and that was a complete turd. Dropped it like a hot potato.
    I actually had personal experience with a friend's WW 74 that would fail to eject and double feed like crazy. Out of spec receiver and ejector.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    Bad news---WW is out of business. Good news----DDI bought them and is honoring all of their rifle's warranties. Everyone I know that has sent their WWs in for service at DDI has been extremely happy so you can still buy with confidence.
    Yikes. I didn't know WW went out of business. AR manufacturers are popping up like the plague, but a good US AK manufacturer is tough to find. Very sad to say the least.

Feedback Score
    OP, just check the bottom of your receiver to see who made it. I have a Waffen Werks Bulgarian 74 build from 2012, built on a Nodak Spud receiver. At that time, Waffen was putting out some pretty nice builds and had a good reputation. After all the craziness started back in the beginning of 2013, they switched to their own receivers made in house and things went really downhill from there. Doesn't necessarily mean that every gun they put out was bad, but it seems that a large number had issues.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    It was one of the "in house" receivers that caused the double feeds and fte's.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    OP, just check the bottom of your receiver to see who made it. I have a Waffen Werks Bulgarian 74 build from 2012, built on a Nodak Spud receiver. At that time, Waffen was putting out some pretty nice builds and had a good reputation. After all the craziness started back in the beginning of 2013, they switched to their own receivers made in house and things went really downhill from there. Doesn't necessarily mean that every gun they put out was bad, but it seems that a large number had issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Is an Arsenal not worth an extra $300 in your opinion?
    I own a good collection of AK's including several Arsenals and Yugos. While Arsenal has some pretty cool configurations, their quality is not near up to the reputation that they have for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalLance View Post
    Well I found a trade locally, which was convenient for me. Got a Waffen Werks 74 in great condition with a bunch of goodies and about 2000 rounds of 7n6.
    I sure hope the WW you got has a NoDak Spud receiver. In the future, don't let your desire to have right now out run your knowledge. There's so much to know about AK variants that it's super easy to over spend or buy a turd. Ask, gain the confidence that comes with knowledge, and then purchase. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminalLance View Post
    Well I found a trade locally, which was convenient for me. Got a Waffen Werks 74 in great condition with a bunch of goodies and about 2000 rounds of 7n6.

That is a tough call man. Even with the 2k in ammo, you might have lost money on that WW, unless it's one of the good ones that came out from them.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123