Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been trying to trade for an arsenal AK, is this a bad deal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Been trying to trade for an arsenal AK, is this a bad deal?

I've been trying to get a trade for a fixed stock arsenal AK in either 7.62x39 or 5.56x45, but have come up with nothing thus far. I'm trying to figure out if what I'm trading is under valued for the trade, if the items are too unique, or if it's just that no one wants to sell an arsenal. I don't have enough posts on here to post on the EE, so I haven't been able to try here yet. Hopefully this thread will help me get to the required 30 posts. Here's what I've been offering in trade:

Keltec KSG with less than 25 rounds put through it. Also included are the trijicon rx34 reflex sight, magpul AFG-2, and boresnake.

BCM Jack Carbine upper with about 500 rounds through it. 14.5" midlength gov't profile barrel (HPT/MPI) with gunfighter comp pinned to 16" legal length, a BCM gunfighter charging handle, and a factory new BCM BCG (HPT/MPI).

Last edited by TerminalLance; 08-21-14 at 18:14.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    I suspect a moderator is going to throw a flag on this play.

I'm just trying to find out if I'm offering a crap deal. I'm honestly not sure how the value of this stuff would stack up against the value of a used arsenal, especially with prices going up on AKs and prices coming down on KSGs from when I made the purchase.

If anyone knows a good estimate on the value of the items I'm trying to trade, that would be helpful to my as well. I'm thinking that I might be better off just trying to sell these and purchase a new rifle instead of trying to find a trade for one I like.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminalLance View Post
    I'm thinking that I might be better off just trying to sell these and purchase a new rifle instead of trying to find a trade for one I like.
    This is your best bet. Though with enough searching you might find someone that wants to make a trade, it's far easier to just have cash in hand.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Cash is king, sell the items off, shop with cash in hand.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I agree with what others have said here thus far. You still have to remember though, as cool as the KSG is (and I personally like it) It's still a Kel Tec, and it still has their legendary issues, but there are plenty of mall ninja's and gamers with more sense than money that you should be able to sell that for a nice chunk of change, and maybe even have enough to buy the Arsenal with that shotgun alone. It seems to me in a trade though, you are giving up an awful lot especially considering you are putting in the fantastic upper and bcg.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    That seems like an awe full lot of trade fodder to land a $1,000 AK.

Since you have a Jack Carbine upper, I'm going to take a WAG and assume that you also have a Jack lower somewhere, most likely with a new upper on it. While the Jack upper is a nice piece on its own, I see it being a difficult item to sell thanks mainly to its special cerakote finish. Is suggest reuniting the Jack upper with its original lower and selling the gun off as a whole, then use some of the proceeds from that sale to fund a new complete BCM lower from Grant.

It would also probably be easier to sell the KSG for cash. Keep the optic on it and sell the package at a reasonable price. Try finding a gun forum that specifically caters to your state or local area and advertise it there. As the others have said, cash is king. It will be much easier to sell everything for cash than trying to find that one person out there who has an Arsenal to get rid of and wants a KSG.
    Last edited by Auto426; 08-22-14 at 19:50.

Well I found a trade locally, which was convenient for me. Got a Waffen Werks 74 in great condition with a bunch of goodies and about 2000 rounds of 7n6.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Man, I hope you function tested before agreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalLance View Post
    Well I found a trade locally, which was convenient for me. Got a Waffen Werks 74 in great condition with a bunch of goodies and about 2000 rounds of 7n6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast