Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade M&P9 or New HK VP9

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Luckily, HK does a great job of testing their pistols and are known for reliability. The "music wire" is braided and don't see it breaking or easily getting snagged on anything.

Time will tell though.

C4
    First thing I thought of when I was that was AK47.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Firearms that come from the factory with great accuracy, reliability, and ergonomics, for a similar price, pose a threat to those whose businesses depend on supplying aftermarket parts and improvements for competing firearms. It's nothing personal, just business.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Unfortunately I find myself in a likewise dilemma. I'm talking myself out of it kinda like this....:

My Pro 5" won't group consistently (I'm being kind) past ~25 yards. I do like the gun - if it weren't for the awful inconsistency/inaccuracy. Plus I'm heavily invested in the platform (holsters, mags etc).
    Grant's SL barrel-fix would change the accuracy, no question, but at close to $250, that sets me back in the coin I'm trying to horde for the VP9.
    But it will fix the accuracy issue, and considering all I've invested so far, might as well; not planning on selling it; learned long ago selling guns is just dumb unless you need the dough.
    Money disappears like water, guns don't go anywhere and hold or even increase in value.

So my new rationalization is to wait for the inevitable "L" version of the VP9, which I very much prefer and undoubtedly (.....HK, you hearing me...??)....will come....Right?

Meanwhile have Grant 'fix' the barrel, wait for the VP9L, giving me more time to collect coin and ultimately I will end up with 2 great platforms - more stuff to keep the wife confused. (..."New? Naaah, I've had that one forever, you don't remember? I know honey, you're right, they all look the same, I know"....)

How am I doing so far?
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    I wouldn't spend the money on the SL barrel unless it's an oversized gunsmith fit barrel from G&R. That's more like $200. You'd likely just be burning that cash as a std. barrel is not likely to improve accuracy much, if at all. That being said I'd make sure and shoot it first at 25 yds. if you haven't as either might be a waste if you've got a good shooting M&P. They are out there, but are kind of like finding a white buffalo.

Also, I'd make sure and switch out the FP block, sear spring and plunger to the larger version as well, particularly if you're going to run the FSS sear.

However, you're going to spend money on sights for either a VP9 or M&P so I wouldn't include that in your calculation.
    I have a new slide stop and trigger bar assembly on the way. Does anyone know if it is necessary to replace the sear housing block and/or striker assembly as well? Leaning toward keeping the M&P because it may not cost as much as I think to do some upgrades.
    “We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.”

George Orwell

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kt1589 View Post
    I have a new slide stop and trigger bar assembly on the way. Does anyone know if it is necessary to replace the sear housing block and/or striker assembly as well? Leaning toward keeping the M&P because it may not cost as much as I think to do some upgrades.
    A spare striker (specially if you do not have the latest version) is always a good idea. We have them in stock (BTW).

Check your SHB. If you have the small sear plunger, then you will want to change that out (or have Apex modify it for you) as it is a dead trigger risk.

C4

Feedback Score
    A spare striker (specially if you do not have the latest version) is always a good idea. We have them in stock (BTW).

Check your SHB. If you have the small sear plunger, then you will want to change that out (or have Apex modify it for you) as it is a dead trigger risk.

C4
    Grant, was just on your site it shows out of stock for the 9/40/357. Not sure which sear plunger it has.
    “We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.”

George Orwell

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Grant, was just on your site it shows out of stock for the 9/40/357. Not sure which sear plunger it has.
    Should be good now.

You must remove your SHB to find out what you have. If the gun was built prior to 2013, then you have an old on for sure.

C4

Feedback Score
    Should be good now.

You must remove your SHB to find out what you have. If the gun was built prior to 2013, then you have an old on for sure.

C4
    This one was built in 2006. Now I'm back to deciding if I should just throw the money for upgrading toward the VP9...SMH.

George Orwell

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    This one was built in 2006. Now I'm back to deciding if I should just throw the money for upgrading toward the VP9...SMH.
    Oh yeah, everything needs gutted in that gun!

C4

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Grant, I also have a 2006 M&P9. Can you, please, give a list of what parts you recommend to be replaced? Obviously, I should start with the SHB.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast