Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade M&P9 or New HK VP9

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphman View Post
    I have not taken a class from LAV or Ken but would love to, in the mean time are you suggesting that the reset cannot be felt while the slide is still cycling? Please PM me so we do not derail this thread.

Thanks Trajan,
    If you are resetting the trigger under recovery (of your sights getting back onto the target), you won't even feel a trigger reset. On top of this, if you watch professional shooters run a trigger, their fingers typically go the FULL LENGTH of the trigger pull (instead of trying to find the exact reset point). Thusly giving the same trigger pull each and every time.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    If you are resetting the trigger under recovery (of your sights getting back onto the target), you won't even feel a trigger reset. On top of this, if you watch professional shooters run a trigger, their fingers typically go the FULL LENGTH of the trigger pull (instead of trying to find the exact reset point). Thusly giving the same trigger pull each and every time.

C4

Thanks Grant much appreciated, PM sent your way.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    Full discloser: I have an M&P40 from 2012 and love it. Previous gun was a cz40compact with SAO trigger - polished by me. (I wanted 9mm both times but was not meant to be).

My advice would be to (if you are a good) shoot the M&P at 25-50yds on a few different occasions, and different types of ammo, and see what kind of accuracy you can get with it.

If there are any accuracy issues, go with the VP9 and forget it. If good accuracy (9-12moa) can be had, see below:

I don't find the M&P trigger offensive, in fact, I shoot my M&P better than my cz with custom trigger. I don't know if my M&P trigger is one of the revisions or not. If you find the trigger needing replacement, I would probably go with the VP9.

That said, I would shoot the VP9 before diving in.

M&P, PPQ, VP9, G19... If you have a verified accurate and reliable gun, pick the one you like for looks or feel and start training, get mags, and support, then learn how to shoot.

Starting from scratch I'd probably go VP9 just because I wouldn't be looking for BTF or accuracy issues.

On the flip side, you could have the m&p with good NS and 4 mags for the price of the VP9.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-27-14 at 22:03.

Feedback Score
    Bowie Tactical would I believe strongly recommend the M&P for hard use. He pretty much raped the VP9s complex design with potentially fragile small parts and tenuous anchoring of same on his FB page. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Bowie Tactical would I believe strongly recommend the M&P for hard use. He pretty much raped the VP9s complex design with potentially fragile small parts and tenuous anchoring of same on his FB page. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    That's a pretty underwhelming level of criticism IMO. Valid, sure but it seems a bit much this early in the game.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 08-28-14 at 06:29.

Feedback Score

I am not trying to say his opinions are not valid, because what do I know? But I am always weary when one makes his business modifying M&Ps, telling everyone that they should only buy M&Ps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon167 View Post
    I am not trying to say his opinions are not valid, because what do I know? But I am always weary when one makes his business modifying M&Ps, telling everyone that they should only buy M&Ps.
    He'd recommend Glocks too but that wasn't on the OP's menu.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I seem to remember that for whatever reason Bowie Tactical doesn't like HK's..and has made that known in the past, Taking that into consideration, I'd say his opinions of the VP9, is just more diatribe.. Myself, I believe the exact opposite.. It's been pretty clear that HK at least takes the time to work the bugs out, Rather than S&W's approach, and let the customers do the beta testing for them.....
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Luckily, HK does a great job of testing their pistols and are known for reliability. The "music wire" is braided and don't see it breaking or easily getting snagged on anything.

Time will tell though.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    That's a pretty underwhelming level of criticism IMO. Valid, sure but it seems a bit much this early in the game.
    I personally don't care for VP9, but I don't think it is even a valid criticism. Trigger bar wire design is borrowed from Mark23, and nobody has heard a single complaint about it. About RDS mounting, in this day and age many people gave a very strong effort to pistol mounted RDS and left the idea until the next day and age in mini RDS design.
    Last edited by YVK; 08-28-14 at 08:01.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast