Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: best sling option

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

best sling option

Am looking to get a good one to two point transitionable sling for my sbr. I have found the Vickers 221 so far and it seems to be getting good reviews, I am just trying to get all the options before I commit to one. Anyone recommend one other than the 221?

Feedback Score
    I like the VTAC padded sling personally.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I like the VTAC padded sling personally.
    When you say VTAC you mean the non 221 sling? isn't the 221 the only one of Vickers that is one/two point?

Feedback Score
    Vikings Tactics (Kyle Lamb's company)

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk2.htm

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The two most popular slings that get mentioned are VCAS and VTAC. They're not the same but both will accept either a BlueForceGear Burnsed socket or IWC triglide to make it convertible from 2 to single point.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    VCAS or VTAC on all of my rifles. All padded versions. Two point sling is your best option in most cases.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a padded VCAS in Kryptek Typhon, I love it.

Feedback Score
    Didn't know what it was so I looked it up, looks like a good sling, but 80 bucks??? I'm an old Viet Nam vet, USMC and I just use an old M-16 sling on QD swivels 2 bucks at the gun show, if I ever need to get "tactical" I use para cord, just like the old days. Sorry I couldn't help, us old guys are weird.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulnPats M-4 View Post
    Didn't know what it was so I looked it up, looks like a good sling, but 80 bucks??? I'm an old Viet Nam vet, USMC and I just use an old M-16 sling on QD swivels 2 bucks at the gun show, if I ever need to get "tactical" I use para cord, just like the old days. Sorry I couldn't help, us old guys are weird.
    You damn kids with your nylon and QDs. You should be using leather.

Just kidding.
    Did the various issue M16, M60 slings, then jungle attachment, from 80s to mid 90s.
    Then went through various single point, triple point, etc for about ten years.

Best way to go is a rapid adjust 2 point. Been using the VTACs about ten years, works for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Today, I took a Frank Proctor WOTG shotgun training -TD2- and I shot OFF as in cut in half the VTAC sling attached to the end of the mag tube on a sling swivel off a REM 870. While doing weapons manipulations the vtac sling got caught/wrapped up in the muzzle/front sight post and blam!! The metal part of the sling flew back and hit my finger and went by the side of my head (Wear eye and ear pro always, it could of got nasty) Relevant post flashback!

Anyway, Mr. Proctor was running one of his slings on an 870 and it looked pretty simple and easy to use. I did not have time to ask him too many questions about it, but it looked simple and easy to use. Anybody run one on an 870? I would imagine they would be good on a lightweight M4 build.

I own a padded and regular VCAS, Ares huskey, and issued VTAC. I prefer the VCAS and Ares Armor.

BTW- Way of The Gun is highly recommended

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast