Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: best sling option

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've tried the VCAS, VTAC and Ares Armor 2 point sling and prefer the Ares. As far as a single point, I've never run one so I can't help there.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by philcam View Post
    I've tried the VCAS, VTAC and Ares Armor 2 point sling and prefer the Ares.
    Same here.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    Anyone use the Way Of The Gun sling from Frank Proctor? Likes/dislikes?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As mentioned a bunch above....VCAS Padded is a great option. I have an MS3 VCAS padded and a standard VCAS and prefer the padded option.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've got 3 VCAS padded slings on 16" rifles and really like them in classes and training. Recently bought a Procter sling for an 11.5" rifle. I like it so far but haven't used it in a class yet. It's pretty easy to use for training.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Will545 View Post
    Anyone use the Way Of The Gun sling from Frank Proctor? Likes/dislikes?
    I have one on my AR Sig brace "pistol" because of the ability to strap it to the rear of the brace easily. It is a very simple sling, but I haven't had any issues with it yet so far. It functions just like the VCAS set up, but much less hardware required. I had to put some tape on the front mounting loop to keep it from getting loose, but that took about 10 seconds to fix.

The best sling that I have ever used is the VCAS padded sling. I carry a rifle professionally and have used the same VCAS since 2008 on every rifle I have been issued. I have used VTAC slings in the past, but I have found them to be less user friendly than the VCAS set ups and have the loose end flapping around. I don't see any reason to pick a VTAC over a VCAS that does everything the just as well, but without the possibility of the strap getting caught on something.

Rick

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the padded VTAC. It's well made and easy to use.

Feedback Score
    BTW, regardless of sling, this excellent no residue vinyl tape from Battle Systems helps keep thing tidy.

http://www.battlesystemsllc.com/Viny...ote_Brown.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by philcam View Post
    I've tried the VCAS, VTAC and Ares Armor 2 point sling and prefer the Ares. As far as a single point, I've never run one so I can't help there.
    Which model do you mean? Is it one of these?
    http://aresarmor.com/store/index.php...w&ref=tacsling

Feedback Score
    I use a padded VTAC on my rifle with an IWC 2-1 triglide. I mostly only use the 1-point configuration messing around on the range, primarily running the sling in 2PT attached at the far ends. I've used the VTAC and VCAS and feel the padded models with the additional hard wear are the best options as far as quick adjust 2-1 pts go. They are great for rifles that have a bit of weight to them as well, much more comfortable on your neck/shoulder when slung than non-padded models.

I haven't used the proctor sling yet, but am planning on using that for a lightweight build I'm planning and will report later when I've used it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast