View Poll Results: Most durable / reliable?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • 870P

30 50.85%
  • Supernova

8 13.56%
  • 590a1

18 30.51%
  • Other...described in my post

3 5.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 870P or Supernova Tactical or 590a1?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

870P or Supernova Tactical or 590a1?

I know the manual of arms differ for each, yes. They each have merit and each have detriment, regarding controls and features. What I am trying to decide is which one to buy based on which is least likely to shit the bed running it all day long as often as I find time with slugs and buck and whatever. Which one is the best made and most "glocklike" with regard to boring reliability and durability.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think between the 870P and 590A1 you can choose based on which safety location you prefer. Either choice is good. I have no idea about the Benelli but will get to see a friends run in a shotgun class in December.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I feel like enough Magpul/etc. "shotgun classes" have been around long enough for a trend to emerge.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I voted 870, but I'd take it or the 590 above the SuperNova. Nothing wrong with the SuperNova, but a 3.5" chamber is unnecessary for a fighting shotgun, and the aftermarket is limited.

Between the 870 and 590, comes down to controls. I prefer the 870 by miles, but I'm used to it. So go handle them and decide. Also, if you decide on the Police model, look at AI&P Tactical. JD does great Express upgrade packages that brings them to spec with the Police, and actually uses some better parts than the Police (Wilson Combat extension, polymer trigger guard, etc).
    Last edited by Uprange41; 08-25-14 at 21:06.

Feedback Score
    13 (93%)
    I voted the 870P. To be hounest ive never shot a 590 although I would love to try one out some day. I'm just a hard core Remington guy when it comes to shotguns.
    Instagram @wtm5569

Feedback Score
    Personally I have owned all three. Not a fan of the 870... the 590A1. Is reliable and a great gun. The Nova you can buy barrels for and use it to hunt If you want to. and one cool feature of the Nova is the button on the for end allows for a "select slug". Meaning in a tactical situation to load a slug in a pump gun without having to eject a shell or loose space in the tube by loading a slug in the tube. You just hold it down and port load away.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I am a fan of the Nova/Supernova features

Another option is the Winchester 1200/1300 series, I personally like them quite a bit

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    SuperNova......the recent production 870 models are a bit lacking in quality.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm getting ready to revamp my 870. It currently has a pistol grip stock, so the safety location is actually usable. I'm looking to go to a magpul stock and find myself wanting to go to a 590. Both the safety and the side release are in way better locations. It also doesn't hurt that the Mossberg has dual extractors
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    I'm getting ready to revamp my 870. It currently has a pistol grip stock, so the safety location is actually usable. I'm looking to go to a magpul stock and find myself wanting to go to a 590. Both the safety and the side release are in way better locations. It also doesn't hurt that the Mossberg has dual extractors
    The dual extractors are superior to the 870 in my experience
    Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast