Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally here?! Daniel Defense Keymod

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a BCM 14.5 upper with the ELWF barrel and the KMR 13' rail.. The KMR is amazingly light and easy to handle. I cant see this rail being any better than the KMR but probably pretty close. As others have said, The KMR is the only keymod rail that has keymod slots in between the 3,6, and 9 positions for more mounting options. I can say firsthand that is especially helpful when it comes to mounting flashlight mounts on the rail. Also there is another feature of the KMR that this rail doesn't have.. BCM's mounting solution for the KMR that places all the clamping force at the top of the rail where it meets up with the receiver. Having said all this however I will still most likely get one of these DD rails to replace the quad rail on my V5- I like that the mounting system is the same.
    Last edited by AR15freak; 08-27-14 at 17:52.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The KAC rails has keymod slots on the 45's.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWCRaiden View Post
    I don't know if that's a business venture that they'd want to partner up on.
    It's that just because if being competitors, or is there another reason?

Not trying to sound like a smart ass. Is there some bad history there?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Don't be so sure. I'm coming out with markmMod. Velcro hand guards... super fast attach.

I'm in, and I'll shoot your promo pics!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just brought home a V11 LW about 30min ago. As a quick note; I have currently zero experience with the BCM KMR, so I can't make comparisons.

First impressions are that the SLiM 15.0 is impressive. Coupled with the lightweight barrel, it immediately triggers the response in your brain that "A 16" gun with a 15" handguard couldn't possibly be THIS light..." when you pick it up. The 45 degree offset QD sockets are neat. I'd prefer mine way further out on the handguard personally, but I use Proctor slings anyway and generally don't use QDs.

The chamfers / bevels at the end of the rail are a very nice touch, especially if you're going to be getting into position and working weird barricades with a long 15" handguard like this.

Rail is MUCH slimmer than the RIS II handgaurd I've gotten accustomed to. Feels awesome. Overall great feel when swinging the gun into transitions (just messing around with dry fire).

Construction and quality look to be exactly what I expect from DD.

Eager to shoot the shit out of this. This is my first foray into Keymod handguards, so now I have to research how the hell I mount a Surefire M300 to this thing that resembles modular shelving brackets.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 750.356 View Post
    I just brought home a V11 LW about 30min ago. As a quick note; I have currently zero experience with the BCM KMR, so I can't make comparisons.

First impressions are that the SLiM 15.0 is impressive. Coupled with the lightweight barrel, it immediately triggers the response in your brain that "A 16" gun with a 15" handguard couldn't possibly be THIS light..." when you pick it up. The 45 degree offset QD sockets are neat. I'd prefer mine way further out on the handguard personally, but I use Proctor slings anyway and generally don't use QDs.

The chamfers / bevels at the end of the rail are a very nice touch, especially if you're going to be getting into position and working weird barricades with a long 15" handguard like this.

Rail is MUCH slimmer than the RIS II handgaurd I've gotten accustomed to. Feels awesome. Overall great feel when swinging the gun into transitions (just messing around with dry fire).

Construction and quality look to be exactly what I expect from DD.

Eager to shoot the shit out of this. This is my first foray into Keymod handguards, so now I have to research how the hell I mount a Surefire M300 to this thing that resembles modular shelving brackets.
    (Detailed) pics or...well you know

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    (Detailed) pics or...well you know
    image.jpg

Just took one pic after getting it home. The sun is down now, and the iPotato doesn't take useable pics unless I have natural light, but I plan to take a few more detailed pics tomorrow, with side-by-sides and measured dimension comparisons with a Lite Rail and RIS II, for anyone interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Photos of V11 LW upper:

Daniel Defense 005 by sibley.austin, on Flickr

Daniel Defense 013 by sibley.austin, on Flickr

Daniel Defense 004 by sibley.austin, on Flickr

Daniel Defense 003 by sibley.austin, on Flickr

Daniel Defense 011 by sibley.austin, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    RIS II width: 2.230"
    SLiM 15 width: 1.745"

RIS II height: 2.220"
    SLiM 15 height: 2.090"

SLiM rail is roughly 1/8" shorter, and 1/2" thinner

Daniel Defense 007 by sibley.austin, on Flickr

Left to right: RIS II, SLiM, 9.5 FSP Lite (very old version of the Lite rail)

Daniel Defense 009 by sibley.austin, on Flickr
    Last edited by 750.356; 08-30-14 at 10:32.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Looks great!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast