Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally here?! Daniel Defense Keymod

Feedback Score
    Looks awesome, really looking forward handling one. Shot my 14.5" with 13" KMR for the first time today and that heats up real good.

Feedback Score
    I really like the KMR, really like it, it does get hot, but the BCM keymod cover do a good job of protecting my hands, DD might not be the perfect option but I wouldn't rule it out. DD does awesome stuff, and a company that was made by their rail systems probably put in some thought into the rail before putting it out on the market. Having said that, my DD m4v5 has a lot of BCM accessories on it.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I love my KMRs too, but they aren't the be all end all. I think this rails compatibility with existing DD barrel nuts is a pretty big deal. Not sure it will have an impact on all the Block II clones out there, but I think there will be a pretty nice chunk of new KeyMod users since swapping to this rail is trivial, especially for those with pinned md's.

I would love an FSP version of this rail in FDE.

Feedback Score
    While I'm okay with DD coming out with a KeyMod setup, but I still prefer their excellent Quad Rails. They offer easy options tool-less attachments of items including covers & ladders.

As for the KeyMod becoming the Norm... I'll believe that when I see a military branch start issuing them. Which I don't see happening any time soon.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    As a public service to the M4Carbine community, I will be accepting all those hideous and unfashionable DDM4/Lite III quadrails that these Keymod rails are sure to replace. You wouldn't want to be caught dead with a quadrail in 2014, now would you, Dah-ling. Just send me a PM and I will--reluctantly, of course--take them off your hands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    As a public service to the M4Carbine community, I will be accepting all those hideous and unfashionable DDM4/Lite III quadrails that these Keymod rails are sure to replace. You wouldn't want to be caught dead with a quadrail in 2014, now would you, Dah-ling. Just send me a PM and I will--reluctantly, of course--take them off your hands.
    Nice, very nice of you.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My wife and I have matching DDM4V5lw's. I have a BCM MKR on a 3rd DD 16" midlength gun. I also just bought a 14.5" ELW-f KMOR upper from BCM. So I have a short bit of time with the keymod system.

I really like the KMR rails. A lot. I would have to see the DD keymod rail in person, and see the weight difference to see if I would prefer it to a KMR of the same length.

But with that said, I really like the concept of not having to pull a barrel to swap out barrel nuts if I ever wanted to replace the quad rails on our two V5 guns with keymod rails systems.

My main issue is that while I do not see myself buying any more quad rail systems, I like the DDM4 rail enough that I'm not in a hurry to swap it out. They are by far my favorite quad rail.

I would be curious to see what the weight of the DD keymod rail and barrel nut is.

I'd also like to see DD make a keymod rail an option on their 10.3" uppers and pistols.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There is a take off DD Keymod rail for sale on the other site.

Feedback Score
    Why not have keymod holes on 7 sides, like the KMR and URX4?

Feedback Score
    It's easiest option for the four sides prolly and they have prolly had enough requests they wanna get it out fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast