Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2-stage triggers

Feedback Score

2-stage triggers

does anybody out there have a DPMS 2-stage trigger or know anything about them? I have a DPMS Tac 2 that I would like to put a 2-stage on, they have theirs on sale and before I order one I would like to have some input. I don't have the bucks for a big buck trigger, so it's either theirs or the Rock River one, thanks.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)

2-stage triggers

I would just stick with an alg act or Qms then. Why do you feel the need for two stages? I wouldn't skimp on a two stage trigger. It would be better to have a quality Milspec style trigger
    Last edited by steyrman13; 08-25-14 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Save and go quality if you are changing out. Geissele or an older KAC would be my choice. I would not settle for less if you are going 2 stage.

If you just want a better trigger get an ALG (single stage), very good bang for the buck.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 08-25-14 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you are really only looking at those two I have a rock river with a few thousand rounds through it. It feels great.

However there are many reports of them failing, mine has not yet, but I don't truly trust it.

I use all Giessele triggers on HD/class guns. To me an SSA is worth the money and piece of mind.

Feedback Score
    Can someone explain the benefit of a 2 stage trigger? I personally don't think there is one, but maybe I'm missing something?
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWCRaiden View Post
    Can someone explain the benefit of a 2 stage trigger? I personally don't think there is one, but maybe I'm missing something?
    Go pull the trigger on an AR with a quality two stage trigger like a Geissele SSA, and you'll clearly see the difference. So much smoother and easier to control there's no comparison.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Geissele, 'nuff said.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    We could literally write a book about the benefits and tactical advantages of trigger prep with a 2 stage trigger. Being able to "prep" the trigger through the 1st stage and wait for a perfect time to shoot is essential not only for precision/target shooting, but also for real world applications, whether you are standing, sitting, kneeling, prone, under stress or not. I know that many folks will chime in with the standard "you shouldn't have your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot" line...and that's exactly my point! When I identify a target as threat/hostile/etc, my sights are now acquired, and my finger is now on the trigger, but that doesn't mean I'm able to take the shot yet. It may be because of terrain, walking/running speed of the target, surroundings, etc, but I am waiting for the right time. When that time comes, now I need precision. I would much rather break the shot with a 2nd stage of 1.5-2.5 lbs rather than a mil-spec single stage of 6-9 lbs. And if I need to change my mind and back out of the shot, I can release the trigger back through the 1st stage. With a single stage, the correct amount of pressure applied = bang...no other options.
    Now with that said, I am not a fan of many 2 stage triggers, just as mentioned above. I have never had a problem with Geissele, KAC, or LMT. However, I'm not made out of money either, so outfitting all my ARs with a G2S, SSA, or SSA-E for more precision work isn't feasible. So just as mentioned above, the ALG ACT or QMS is hands down the best option. Solid, consistent, reliable.
    Lastly, the only other reason (besides price) one should stick with a single stage trigger is for a specialty "hybrid" type trigger like the S3G or SD3G, which of course are just as expensive as the high end 2 stage triggers. They are not technically a single stage, but they sure feel like it. These are made for 3 gunners and other folks who are only concerned with shooting fast so they need a short lock time but also want the consistency and reliability that Geissele offers. The Hyperfire triggers are also gaining popularity in this category, but I'm not familiar with them. Remember, 3 gunners care about accuracy, but only to an extent...not for long range. A hit is a hit so to speak. And they also don't care much about the confidence factor of being able to back out of the trigger if you should not or cannot make the shot. Again, shooting sports are different from combat/home defense. I would never pick up a carbine with a fast 3 gun type trigger when it's dark and lives are on the line.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWCRaiden View Post
    There is no benefit if you don't care about making precise shots at targets beyond point blank range. You can still jerk a good 2 stage trigger but you cannot milk a crappy trigger into being anything more than a crappy trigger.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    From memory.....

1903 -Check
    1917 -Check
    M1 Garand -Check
    M1 Carbine -Check
    M14 -Check
    M16 -Whoops

It isn't exactly like it is new information either....... Giessle or ALG depending on your budget in my experience.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 08-25-14 at 19:08.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast