Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock,US vs Austrian

Feedback Score
    Thanks,I just wanted to make sure that they were the same.I've come up against the same thing with US vs Italian Beretta's.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I can forsee this US vs Austria crap reaching epic proportions of mental retardation.

American Hondas are just as excellent as the Japanese made ones, which proves that country of manufacture means dick when a manufacturer is dedicated to excellence.
    I will back this up by saying that it has been my experience in the Automotive manufacturing realm, that the US made parts/components/testing is superior to those made in either Japan or Germany.

The US parts have lower labor content, more automation, and superior tolerancing controls.

Particularly when it comes to the Japanese. They are repulsed by automation and automatic gaging in manufacturing but are somehow sexually attracted to robots...

If given the choice, I will usually choose American over foreign made although during my tenure TMMC (Canada) had the best reputation for quality between TMMK (Kentucky), NUMMI and Japan.

Feedback Score
    I have a Glock 19 Gen4 USA that came with the shiny black finish.

I hated the shiny finish so I parkerized it dark flat black like the old Glocks. I also installed the non-LCI extractor.

Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 08-27-14 at 18:30.

Feedback Score
    Here's the shiny finish when I first bought the gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post

My Austrian made 17 Gen 4 looked exactly like that

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'd pick the USA one with the state of GA rollmark (where I live). We only have one of more than a dozen with the USA mark; a Gen 4 G23. Runs well.
    I like the GA built ones as well. The LE ones we have in the shop have a weird color to their slides. The roll marks are cool looking as well IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The nitration finish process is an evolutionary thing. I prefer an earlier version of nitration over the current. But it's more about the prep than the actual finish process.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mayo:

Does an older generation 2 (I think that's what they call it) G19 without rail and without fingergroove with the Austrian proof marks command higher resale value?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post

My USA Gen 3 17's finish looks identical to this. My Austrian Gen 4 34's finish looked similar to the parkerized image of the 19 that was posted. FWIW, I notice a lot LESS surface/holster wear with the shiny finish vs. the flat finish. My 34 was looking pretty cosmetically rough when I sold it. I've done just as many, if not more holster draws with this 17 (dry fire every day; live fire on weekends) and I'm barely noticing any finish wear.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 08-28-14 at 10:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    They don't. The nitration process is the same in both factories. The guns made in the US are made using the same machines, molds, processes as in Austria.
    Thanks, I guess all the more reason to buy Gen 2 Glocks whenever I'm looking for one. One of the best pistols I own is a Gen 2 Glock19. Wish it had a rail though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast