Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesomely easy and effective water filter

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Awesomely easy and effective water filter

Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great video everybody should be viewing this.

Feedback Score
    Good stuff.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That is useful knowledge. And like they say, knowledge trumps gear.

Thanks for the post.

Feedback Score
    Warning:
    I treat surface water for a living.
    This is a great idea for suspended turbidity/particle removal but does nonething for disinfection.
    Texas uses chlorine, chlorine dioxide or ozone as primary disenfectant. You have to kill the bugs: giaridia / viruses.
    To be totally safe, use plane Jane bleach or boil and you are good to go after the filtering.
    Or spend the money and get a good water filter that gets the bugs out.
    I have used a Katadyn in boondocks for years and have never got sick. Money well spent.

be safe
    Dog

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfoot View Post
    War

I have used a Katadyn in boondocks for years and have never got sick. Money well spent.
    I have that Katadyn Pocket Filter. Built like a tank. I've never had the chance to use it though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    nice idea but you're not going to filter out the creepy crawlies with that, though there is some good discussion on which is worse - bad water or dehydration. not all water you find in the wild is bad, it's just a very wise thing to treat is as so.

in a true survival situation where you're confident of your return to civilization in a couple days, you're probably better off dealing with the immediate hydration issues, and dealing with the medical ones at home.

someone just posted a way to make butterfly sutures out of duct tape on a private hunting forum I frequent. my response was, "if I can carry duct tape, I can carry proper first aid gear". same thing here - for $20 I can throw a Sawyer mini in a pocket and be sure I'm not gonna get sick. but if I got nothing and I'm dying of thirst, I'm going face down in the first puddle I come to...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post

someone just posted a way to make butterfly sutures out of duct tape on a private hunting forum I frequent. my response was, "if I can carry duct tape, I can carry proper first aid gear". same thing here - for $20 I can throw a Sawyer mini in a pocket and be sure I'm not gonna get sick. but if I got nothing and I'm dying of thirst, I'm going face down in the first puddle I come to...
    Everyone in my house carries their own when we go into the woods, sawyer minis are awesome.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Iv run my Sawyer mini for 2 years now, and can't imagine a better filter system. Great for re-using empty water bottles.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    The Life Straw is nice as well.
    I picked mine up for $20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast