Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 75B Questions

Feedback Score

CZ 75B Questions

I'm considering getting a CZ 75B,I've always had Glocks,how do they compare to some of the more modern pistols?Any modifications you can suggest?Gunsmihts?thanks.

Feedback Score
    Get the Short Reset Trigger from Cajun Gun works or CZ Custom.

If its going to be a game gun and you reload/use federal primers, you can use a 8.5# main spring and extended FP. The result in my SP01 Accu Shadow is a 4.5# DA pull.
    Last edited by Quack; 08-27-14 at 08:04.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sigh...

What is your intended purpose? CCW? Fun range toy? Game gun?

The only universal bit of info that is the same regardless of intended use is as follows:

1. The factory firing pin retaining pin on the models that have a firing pin block sucks ass. IF you dry fire the gun alot you WILL peen and break this pin eventually.

2. The factory trigger return springs are subject to breakage. The factory spring is not bad quality per say but it is THE item that breaks most frequently on the pistols. Again, frequency cannot be determined but i replace my trigger springs every 10k rounds simply because i cannot count how many times the pistols get dry fired. I have had GREAT luck with the cajun gun works reduced power trigger springs, ie no breakages yet.

As far as Smiths go, look at these two:

Cajun Gun Works
    Automatic Accuracy

Once you answer the question as to what your intended purpose is we can further flesh out what can be done to the gun to maintain reasonable reliability.

PS, what is your experience level? Suggesting someone immediately drop in a short reset disconnector is negligent. The disconnector removes almost all pre travel, may require fitting and should IMO only be used by people with above average trigger control skills. Ive seen plenty of bump fires and ND's because of this modification...
    Last edited by Magsz; 08-27-14 at 12:18.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. Carry/Defense,reliability is job one.What about sights?Majority of my trigger time has been with Glocks,
    Last edited by RONK; 08-27-14 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    They are pretty reliable from the get go. You cab get sights from CZ Custom or CGW.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Your sight options are somewhat limited. There are a few tritium options on the market from meprolight or cz custom and then Dawson sights if you dont mind a fiber optic front. Unfortunately, right now, we have only a few options for sights. The after market is definitely not as deep as the Glock.

Stick to 15lb or greater hammer springs for maximum reliability. I would add an extended firing pin but you need to make sure that there are no issues with it protruding from your breechface or you could end up having a slam fire. Also, the reduced power firing pin springs are NOT recommended for carry purposes in non firing pin block models so depending on what you go for, keep that in mind.

Out of the box the CZ is a great weapon and IS indeed very reliable but very few of us these days leave our guns alone, even if they're carry guns.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will the firing pin retaining pin breakage issue be avoided if I dry fire with snap caps that cushion the firing pin (A-Zoom)?

Feedback Score
    Should be OK. Most use an oring or a piece of foam

Feedback Score
    Cajun Gun Works has a kit (Ultra-Lite Self-Defense Kit) you may want to look at. A #83 o-ring works well for dry firing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why would I use an O ring if I have A Zooms?

Is the problem that the firing pin strikes the retaining pin if a primer is not in the way to restrict fwd travel? If so, an A zoom fixes the problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast