Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR or Geissele SMR MK4/5 Kemod?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

BCM KMR or Geissele SMR MK4/5 Kemod?

Both rails seem to be top performers but is there something that sets one apart from the other? BCM wins in weight and in price, but what makes the Geissele a competitor? Any insight into what sets these rails apart would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Travis B; 08-27-14 at 06:29.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I think it's personal preference more than anything. I have both and slightly prefer the KMR. I think the Geissele is slightly more solid and well built but you sacrifice weight. The KMR has a better feel to me which is why I prefer it.

Feedback Score
    I prefer the handguard mounting system on the KMR and also the weight advantage of the KMR. Geissele appears to be more popular in SF community.
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 08-27-14 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Geissele mounts in a very similar fashio... Bbl but requires no indexing

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Geissele mounts in a very similar fashio... Bbl but requires no indexing
    No indexing required is a similarity but pretty different other than that. Geissele takes the cake IMO, the most solid lockup in the handguard market. Theres something to be said about the KMR's cross bolt positioning and how pressure is applied uniformly though, just haven't seen much about it in terms of actual perceivable advantages. The Geissele rail's robustness for lack of a better word and securing features of the rail to the upper give it the nod in my experience.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Science vs badassery lol.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I own a few of both and prefer the Geissele. If weight is even the slightest concern, the KMR takes the cake. The Geissele looks and feels more solid. Even though I have had no issues with either. I do like the mounting system to the upper on the Geissele better. The anti rotation allens in the sides of the rail, are a better system in my opinion then the metal tab at 12.oclock on the KMR. I have had a KMR that was so tight, that I could not get the top rail to line up flush with the upper perfectly. If fit up to the upper, but would not turn the slightest amount to line the top of it up flush. It was close, but enough so the irons were off. Almost had to max the rear out to one side. Looking down the 12 rail, you could see a slight tilt. Had to bent the tab out, so there was a little wiggle room on the to rotate the handguard. This is a non issue for the Geissele. The Geissele just feels more solid and better built IMO. And the Geissele Scout mount for there 45 sections is the best and easiest way to directly attach a 45 mount for the scout. It also comes with 3 height options. This is the best scout mounting system IMO. The Geissele takes the cake in my book. Just my .02 and others might have a different experience..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    KMR is bomb proof, Geissele is bigger bomb proof. If you want something lower profile and lighter weight, the KMR is the better choice. If you want something a little beefier (but still pretty light considering) that could double as a blunt force weapon, can't beat the Geissele.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unless the weight savings is very important to you, I'd vote the Geissele. There is no better rail system on the market in my opinion. The mounting system, anti-rotational tabs, aesthetics, weight. Perfect in every category.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    In currently running a 18oz 10" rail so either rail is a decrease in weight. It looks like the general concensus is bcm for weight saving and geissele for robustness.

Does anyone have a lead on the SMRs in stock?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast