Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM KMR or Geissele SMR MK4/5 Kemod?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis B View Post
    Does anyone have a lead on the SMRs in stock?
    http://tradingplacepawn.com/geissele...eymod-ddc.html
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis B View Post
    In currently running a 18oz 10" rail so either rail is a decrease in weight. It looks like the general concensus is bcm for weight saving and geissele for robustness.

Does anyone have a lead on the SMRs in stock?

We have some 13's in stock (Sand).

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We have some 13's in stock (Sand).

C4
    Any plans on getting some M-Lok variants in?

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=mebiuspower;1978407]I prefer the handguard mounting system on the KMR and also the weight advantage of the KMR. Geissele appears to be more popular in SF community.[/QU

Do you mean Geissele triggers or SMRs being popular in the SF community? I know the triggers are being used but I didn't know about the rails. I'm not challenging the statement, I just don't have any info on the subject. Anyone have any pics?

And I already use SMRs so I'm not looking to buy something the big boys use ha ha. Just looking for a little knowledge.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Any plans on getting some M-Lok variants in?
    I personally feel that the KEYMOD system is much stronger and overall nicer, but if people are interested in it, we will stock it.

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Geissele originally designed the SMR to fulfill a contract issued by the DoD for replacement HK416 rails.

All current SMR rails offered for the AR15 grew out of that original contract.

You're likely to not see many pics of the HK SMR rails in the wild given who is currently using them.

Mr. Geissele talks about the HK rail, and the "organization" that uses it briefly in the video below....I'd recommend the full watch, but the rail stuff starts at the 16min. mark.

Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-28-14 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I personally feel that the KEYMOD system is much stronger and overall nicer, but if people are interested in it, we will stock it.

C4
    Without getting into the whole KEYMOD vs M-LOK debate, I simply prefer the aesthetics of the M-LOK. And with my intended uses, any supposed inferiority of M-LOK will still be much greater than my demands.

And I think this rifle is what I've tried to envision in my head for a long time.

I only feel somewhat skeptical about putting a $300 rail on a $1k Colt 6920.
    Last edited by TexasAggie2005; 08-28-14 at 16:29. Reason: derp

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=STAMarine;1979707]
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I prefer the handguard mounting system on the KMR and also the weight advantage of the KMR. Geissele appears to be more popular in SF community.[/QU

Do you mean Geissele triggers or SMRs being popular in the SF community? I know the triggers are being used but I didn't know about the rails. I'm not challenging the statement, I just don't have any info on the subject. Anyone have any pics?

And I already use SMRs so I'm not looking to buy something the big boys use ha ha. Just looking for a little knowledge.
    I think he is using "SF" incorrectly to mean the SMUs on their 416s. The overwhelming majority of SF weapons still run the DD MK18 RIS or M4A1 RIS on standard Colt/FN weapons.

Rick

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=BooneGA;1979775]
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post

I think he is using "SF" incorrectly to mean the SMUs on their 416s. The overwhelming majority of SF weapons still run the DD MK18 RIS or M4A1 RIS on standard Colt/FN weapons.

Rick
    Got it. I wondered if that was what was going on and I had forgotten about the 416 contract. Thank you

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I ordered a SMR MK5 on Friday and it should be in by the middle of the week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast