Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 92G

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I like all black sights. Did all my low/no light training with 'em.
    NO! Heresy!

In regard to the other question posed about three dot sighting systems, think about it this way.

What is your rear sight for? To me, it is a window i look through to find my front sight. It is merely a reference and creates a "viewing tunnel" through which i look. Anything that draws my focus to the rear sight is a no go and dots certainly do this for me.

Night sights are an entirely different subject and quite frankly, as a civilian, ive never found any use for them. I live with family members which means i absolutely, MUST ID my target which means im using a light, which means there's light splashing off of the walls which means i can see my sights. NO LIGHT TRAINING, sure, i can see the value in night sights but i firmly believe tritium sights are to be used offensively, rather than defensively. Even in the absolute darkness of Georgia when i go hunting, given that i hunt with family members, there is not a single situation where i would shoot without first IDing my target. If it is SO dark that you cannot see your sights and would NEED tritium, you would also need enough light to be able to ID your target...no? The same can be said for three dot target systems when used in conjunction with a light. I use fiber fronts and a handheld light or weaponlight creates enough spill to illuminate the fiber in the rear notch. When using say a neck index with a handheld, you get enough spill to light up the notch and brighten the fiber.

Living in a major metropolitan area means i have enough ambient light to see my targets almost 100% of the time. I cannot think of a single time i have been in a no light situation in 14 years of living in South Florida. Lets take that one step further, IF I am in a no light situation, given where i live, i should probably leave...

For my non ninja self, tritium as well as three dot sights serve me no purpose whatsoever. Tritium belongs on the guns of men hunting other men and range ninja's training in shoot houses for "home defense".

This is just my personal doctrine.

To make this about beretta's...unfortunately, given its a 92G, you dont have the option for a tritium front unless you send the slide to tooltech so...yeah. :P
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Who is the distributor for this limited run of 92Gs, so I know who to have my LGS order me one from?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Who is the distributor for this limited run of 92Gs, so I know who to have my LGS order me one from?
    See post #87.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    After being thoroughly educated about the superiority of the 92Gs in the early pages of this thread, I went ahead and placed an order with my LGS last week. Mine should be here by Friday. It will be my first Beretta since I foolishly traded off a 9mm Border Marshal in 2001 to go Glock only.

Some questions, that maybe need their own thread:

1. Who here carries a full size Beretta 92 concealed? What are the circumstances around that? (holster, carry type, what size are YOU, etc?)

2. If I remember correctly, the sight picture on standard 92's is: center of front dot = POI. What would I need to do if I wanted "top-of-the-blade" POA = POI? I was thinking this:

step 1. Buy correct height Wilson rear sight.
    step 2. Sent complete slide with Wilson rear to Tool Tech for white ring front tritium and either non-ring tritium rear or NO tritium rear.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I carry mine occasionally in a Crossbreed Supertuck or Mexican.

I'd kust learn the sights like they are...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a slide at WILSON COMBAT, getting the g conversion. I was going to do sights but I just wanted a bold white circle front tritium and they don't have one so I left it alone. I like the M9 sights , just wish the front was night site.

Getting a few other goodies to gussy it up.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post

Some questions, that maybe need their own thread:

1. Who here carries a full size Beretta 92 concealed? What are the circumstances around that? (holster, carry type, what size are YOU, etc?)

I carried a Brig slide 92 from 09/13 to 04/14, JM kydex appendix holster. I am 73 in - 195 lbs, waist 33-34. Brig/Elite is wider and heavier than 92G, but 92G is longer.

It was doable, I could do it again if needed to like I did with 1911, but it is a big gun, no way around it.

Feedback Score
    I've got an old 92G, and I love it. I just ordered a new one from this run, and will send it to Wilson Combat for their package. The Beretta 92 maybe a big "horse pistol", but its reliable, soft shooting, and accurate. There is a place for a couple of them in my safe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Fennell View Post
    I've got an old 92G, and I love it. I just ordered a new one from this run, and will send it to Wilson Combat for their package. The Beretta 92 maybe a big "horse pistol", but its reliable, soft shooting, and accurate. There is a place for a couple of them in my safe.
    "Horse Pistol", that made me laugh! Maybe it's a common way to describe it but it's the first I've seen the term.

Maybe some other custom company needs to come out with an engraved "Dragoon" version with General Lee, General Schwarzkopf, and John Wayne's likeness carved in it and place a full page ad in NRA Rifleman?

But as for the pistol I'd like a 92G Compact with low-profile lever.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Was the 92G the "something" new, or is there something else to be released this month?

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast