Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
I like all black sights. Did all my low/no light training with 'em.
NO! Heresy!

In regard to the other question posed about three dot sighting systems, think about it this way.

What is your rear sight for? To me, it is a window i look through to find my front sight. It is merely a reference and creates a "viewing tunnel" through which i look. Anything that draws my focus to the rear sight is a no go and dots certainly do this for me.

Night sights are an entirely different subject and quite frankly, as a civilian, ive never found any use for them. I live with family members which means i absolutely, MUST ID my target which means im using a light, which means there's light splashing off of the walls which means i can see my sights. NO LIGHT TRAINING, sure, i can see the value in night sights but i firmly believe tritium sights are to be used offensively, rather than defensively. Even in the absolute darkness of Georgia when i go hunting, given that i hunt with family members, there is not a single situation where i would shoot without first IDing my target. If it is SO dark that you cannot see your sights and would NEED tritium, you would also need enough light to be able to ID your target...no? The same can be said for three dot target systems when used in conjunction with a light. I use fiber fronts and a handheld light or weaponlight creates enough spill to illuminate the fiber in the rear notch. When using say a neck index with a handheld, you get enough spill to light up the notch and brighten the fiber.

Living in a major metropolitan area means i have enough ambient light to see my targets almost 100% of the time. I cannot think of a single time i have been in a no light situation in 14 years of living in South Florida. Lets take that one step further, IF I am in a no light situation, given where i live, i should probably leave...

For my non ninja self, tritium as well as three dot sights serve me no purpose whatsoever. Tritium belongs on the guns of men hunting other men and range ninja's training in shoot houses for "home defense".

This is just my personal doctrine.

To make this about beretta's...unfortunately, given its a 92G, you dont have the option for a tritium front unless you send the slide to tooltech so...yeah. :P