Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 92G

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Honest question: What's the big deal about factory 92Gs? I can always easily convert a 92SF to a G, so what else are these factory guns bringing to the table that has "anticipation running high"?

Just from what I've heard, it's about like saying "Glock 19s will now come from the factory with the smooth trigger face." isn't it?
    It's not particularly easy to convert a 92FS to a G. Only two companies do it (Wilson Combat and Allegheny Gun Works) and neither are cheap. Plus, one of the limitations that AGW mentioned was that it is hard to source original -G decockers because it has been out of production for a while. The lever is different than the FS safety/decocker, and modifying it is expensive and time-consuming as well.

The Beretta PX4 series, on the other hand, can be swapped from FS to G fairly easily.
    Last edited by GrandPooba; 08-27-14 at 13:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am in for one. If they can make one for the 92A1, I would be in for two.

Feedback Score
    Interested for sure. I love my 92FS. Can't wait to find out more.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Honest question: What's the big deal about factory 92Gs? I can always easily convert a 92SF to a G, so what else are these factory guns bringing to the table that has "anticipation running high"?

Just from what I've heard, it's about like saying "Glock 19s will now come from the factory with the smooth trigger face." isn't it?
    Not really. It means that someone important at Beretta is listening. More variants is a good thing when they're variants that people actually want, unlike some of SIG's recent oddities. This will also help Beretta drive interest in everything else they make, just as the DoD is starting to babble about a new pistol for the military. So it's a smart strategic AND tactical move on Beretta's part.

I'd love to see railed G and D variants with interchangeable front sights, but we'll probably see more compacts first.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 08-27-14 at 16:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    I'd love to personally see the Brigadier again. Or the Elite II. I'm a Beretta fan though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Would love to get a 92G. Since I am wanting to pick up another beretta in the near future I might seriously consider this. If they come out with a railed version.... well then I want two. If not an M9A1 is still slightly higher on the list.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Well...

I'll take two. And start hoarding up some 9mm!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is long overdue. Good for Beretta! As others have said, a "G" conversion has been both challenging, and expensive to do.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure there will be railed versions later on. That will only help them sell more guns.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Considering CZ charges 1250 for a duty grade, crudely machined Shadow (granted, its "good enough") i shudder to think what they're going to charge for this "limited run".

Some operator on another forum that is "in the know" eluded to the pistol being under the price of a current used Elite or 92G which is less than comforting considering ive seen those pistols go for 1200-1600 bucks.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast