Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Fixed Carbine MOE length of pull

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Magpul Fixed Carbine MOE length of pull

I just swapped a collapsible MOE for the fixed carbine MOE on my SPR build after having it recommended by a few guys. Overall I like the stock, but its just to dang short. Its at least 1" if not in the neighborhood of 1.5" shorter than a full extended collapsible stock. I feel REALLY crowded on the gun. To be fair I have not shot the gun, but I just cant get comfortable on the gun just messing around with it. I have the longest spacer(non ASAP compatible one) on the stock. Any idea's for how to lengthen this or is it just how it is? I dont think it can go to much further back because the cross bolt would hit the area on the stock where the detents for the collapsible stock go. I guess I really should have gotten some measurements before ordering it. I have a KAK industries carbine length pistol tube with the shoulder on it I could toss on and that might allow me to move it back further, but then it might be to far back.

I got this because I dont feel like I need an adjustable PRS or Luthar or other adjustable since my cheek hits the stock and my eye goes right in line with the scope perfectly so adjustable cheek piece seems a waste to me. Adjustable LOP would be great, but I feel like I can get something to work without spending tons of money on a stock.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have a few of the fixed carbine stocks and like them a lot. If you want a longer LOP, the PRS extended pad fits . . . this one http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG350/35

It adds almost an inch for about $15, might be worth a shot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd.amendment View Post
    I have a few of the fixed carbine stocks and like them a lot. If you want a longer LOP, the PRS extended pad fits . . . this one http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG350/35

I like this stock too.
    I'd use the pad during warm weather, and remove for winter.
    Heavy winter gear made up the difference.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you cut down the tab on the ASAP spacer, and sand down the other spacer, you can use both spacers on an A5 short rail extension. Ruins the value if you want to resell it, but it's an option. Or you could make your own 2nd spacer.
    Last edited by Mike Miller; 08-27-14 at 21:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd.amendment View Post

Magpul says it only adds about .5", which IMO wont be enough. I have messed with the extended pad on the MOE's for a guy we were trying to do a little recoil mitigation for. If its the same pad it wont really add enough. Im thinking I need to add at least an inch if not 1.5". Im not above using a spacer in front of the stock and short extension piece if it works, just have no clue where to buy said spacers. KAK industries makes some, but I have no clue what diameter they are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ghengis Khan View Post
    If you cut down the tab on the ASAP spacer, and sand down the other spacer, you can use both spacers on an A5 short rail extension. Ruins the value if you want to resell it, but it's an option.
    I would rather not get into modifying anything YET since if I cant get this thing to work, im just going to offload it.

I never thought of myself as somebody with long arms, but this thing is just short. I run the collapsible carbine stocks at full length and they are just about perfect. I guess I am trying to not drop 150-250 on an adjustable stock that would probably never get adjusted. I also feel an A2 rifle stock would be to long and I dont feel like they ride a rear bag very well.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    So, about how many slots out on a 6 position Carbine receiver extension with a CTR is the equivalent to the MOE-fixed LOP with the non-asp spacer? Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The pad measures 7/8".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    So, about how many slots out on a 6 position Carbine receiver extension with a CTR is the equivalent to the MOE-fixed LOP with the non-asp spacer? Thanks
    Let me go shoot a pic of a gun with an MOE collapsible and the MOE fixed and ill let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ROK View Post
    The pad measures 7/8".
    I think the stock pad is 1/4", maybe 3/8". Magpul states it adds .5" which sounds about right when you remove the factory thin pad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Let me go shoot a pic of a gun with an MOE collapsible and the MOE fixed and ill let you know.

I think the stock pad is 1/4", maybe 3/8". Magpul states it adds .5" which sounds about right when you remove the factory thin pad.
    10-4.
    You are correct.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast