Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Fixed Carbine MOE length of pull

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Even on my SBR I cant run it with the collapsible this short, so even on that gun, this stock wouldnt work, for me. Oh well, I sold it last night to a friend and im going to pick up a rifle extension and magpul fixed rifle stock today.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah.. I could see it being short for some shooters. It's just wear I run my collapsables.. at around 2 or 3 position depending on the RE, so it fits me perfectly.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some of us like them on lightweight recce or SPR builds, with the extended pad. The optic tends to need to be cantilevered a bit more than normal, but once it's set up, it works well. Options. Lots of options. More coming. :-)
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Options. Lots of options. More coming. :-)
    Soon or I should just go ahead and buy a rifle stock for my SPR build?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny256 View Post
    Buy the rifle stock. You can reconfig later if something else comes out.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Rifle MOE stock plus the PRS butt pad works great for me. It is reasonably light (about like an A2), is the right length, provides good cheek weld, and has enough storage to put a full cleaning kit with sectioned rod in. Also my rifle shot noticeably softer with the rifle RE and buffer. I am personally not a fan of the PRS. As you said it is heavy, and an adjustable height comb isn't really necessary on an AR... just get the proper height mount/rings to put your scope where it needs to be. The cheek piece on the PRS is not at all where I put my cheek on a stock anyway... it is way too far rearward to be useable for me. You can lengthen the LOP to bring your head back, but it still doesn't go far enough for me, and then you end up with a ridiculous LOP. I don't know what type of precision shooting positions people are using to be able to use that stock, but it sure ain't any way I ever learned!

Here is my fixed MOE setup:

"This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny256 View Post
    For what you're looking for, I think the rifle stock actually will suit you very well. Nothing is all that imminent along these lines. Rifle buffer systems will spoil a guy, too.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by henschman View Post
    The only setup I would ever consider running a fixed carbine stock on would be a strictly close quarters rifle, like a SBR, to be used with a red dot and fired only from squared-up CQB positions and/or with armor.
    I appreciate you all sharing these insights into the fixed carbine stock. I'm giving my brother some advice about buying his first AR for HD, and I was considering this stock for him since he lives in MA and has to have it pinned anyway. However, it sounds like it will be too short for him (he's 6' 2"). I had been under the impression that it was the equivalent of one notch in on a 4-position RE (not sure where I got that idea). He's planning to attend a carbine course at the Sig Academy, so I'm going to advise him to try one of their ARs and adjust the stock so he's comfortable with it before permanently fixing one on his own future AR.

Dave

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I might buy the thicker butt pad for the Fixed Carbine Stock just to try out. I've run it with the standard for a while... now this thread has me curious.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And the fixed rifle stock is going to work out great. The damn "vented" screw was missing from the box though and the shop I bought it from basically said tough shit, call magpul, were not going to take one out of another box. So email to magpul went out, im sure they will hook me up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast