Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: H&K VP9 or Sig M11-A1???

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I never said I made an even swap of my 228 for a new VP9. I used SOME of the money from the sale of the 228 to buy a new VP9.

The best thing the OP could do would be to try and shoot both guns. Buy the one YOU shoot the best. When I realized I hadn't shot the 228 in over 5 years, it was time to let it go. Personally, I don't regret buying the VP9. The M11A1 is a good pistol. So is the VP9. But they are different enough that if deciding between those two choices, one should really shoot both before making the decision.

Feedback Score
    I am not a fan of DA/SA so my vote is for VP9 just picked mine up and so far I am satisfied. My Sig sits in the safe I haven't shot it in almost a year.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll jump in here and throw you a curve ball.

I would substitute the MK25 for the M11, if for no other reason than the MK25 has a rail and the M11 doesn't. All else being equal, the barrel length is the biggest difference between the two as I recall and I felt the larger MK25 would carry just as easily.

I fondled them side by side at the LGS and walked away with the MK25 FDE as pictured below. The MK25 was the better pistol, in my hands by a small margin.

I think your comparison is a bit apples and oranges, however, the correct answer is get BOTH.

ETA: The grip on the SIG is really very large. So be sure you can manage the large grip and still operate the controls.

Last edited by HKGuns; 08-31-14 at 06:32.

Feedback Score
    High bore axis vs low bore axis

Aluminum frame vs polymer frame

Da/SA decocker vs striker

32oz. Vs 25oz.

Large grip frame vs customizable grip frame

HK wins all around.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My P228 (W. German, triple serial number) pretty much sits in the safe these days. Good, reliable pistol, but long replaced by CZ's for carry. However, this new VP9 looks like a winner, and that is what I would go with if I had to choose between the two.

Feedback Score
    I got the chance to put 400rnds thru a friends VP9 this week. Loved the trigger but I hate the feel of the handle much the same as I hated my P30. It seems like a solid pistol, but for me, I'll stick with my SIGs and USPs.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    A man who prefers the USP grip to the P-30/Vp9 must have a hand like an action figure!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    A man who prefers the USP grip to the P-30/Vp9 must have a hand like an action figure!
    Yep! I find the USP 45 near ideal feeling compared to the P30/VP9 handle setup.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    My P228 (W. German, triple serial number) pretty much sits in the safe these days. Good, reliable pistol, but long replaced by CZ's for carry.
    Wanna discuss a trade for a double-custom (Automatic Accuracy + CGW) CZ P01?

Anyway, presented choice is really apples to oranges.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Wanna discuss a trade for a double-custom (Automatic Accuracy + CGW) CZ P01?
    Very tempting! I have my CZ Compacts covered right now with my 75D PCR, but the P-01's are also fantastic.

Anyway, presented choice is really apples to oranges.
    That was my thought also. TDA, alloy frame vs. striker fired polymer framed. However, they are both still firearms, and we all need to make our choices. As I have said previously, I am not a fan of polymer, but the VP9 may change that. I just need to shoot one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345