Thread: Armalite and Colt Competition

Feedback Score

Armalite and Colt Competition

Hi guys

Are these good options for competitive use?

I know some of you will recommend other brands, but I have to work off of an approved list. Most of the recommended brands are not on this list.

Thanks
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Colt Competition rifles are not manufactured by Colt. They're made under license by Bold Ideas Texas if that matters to you.

They have a website... coltcompetitionrifle.com

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Personally I'd hold off on Armalite for another year until Tommy Thacker has a good 3G rifle in their line up.

Colt competition guns are used by a bunch of guys. I've only held one but they seem above average. You pay a premium for them too.

The Stag 3G is still the best bang for the buck in an entry level 3G rifle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Either will be a superior choice for you over in Europe. You should be able to find parts locally between Oberland Arms and a few other manufacturers in the UK and I believe Italy.

As posted above, Colt Competition guns have had a little work done on them while Armalite will be fairly much factory original (and may be more price-friendly after all the import tariffs). Armalites are very popular in Finland (where they are pretty unforgiving in competition and demand dependable rifles).

A Geissele trigger will improve either rifle/carbine.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input guys!
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Here's a brief review I did on the CCR a while back. Several of our team are using them now and really like them. We're able to buy them at a discounted rate but for full retail I'd rather build exactly what I want. If you've gotta buy a factory gun they'd be a great option.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...etition_Rifles
    HIPPIES SMELL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shot a CRP 18 Pro all last year in 3 Gun and its a fine rifle. You need to clean the gun more often than a 6920 or the adjustable gas block will get gummed up to the point it doesn't move anymore. Otherwise, feed it good ammo and you won't have a problem.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Barnes Precision makes a competition rifle that seems to have a good reputation with 3-gun competitors. Their 16 and 18 inch guns are priced around $1500 (within about $130 of the Stag 3-gun rifle), come stock with a Hiperfire trigger, and stainless barrels machined in-house from Montana Rifle blanks.

The Stag rifle includes a Geissele 3-gun trigger, but I'm not sure of the pedigree on barrel.

A link to the Barnes competition rifle:

http://www.usamade-ar15parts.com/product-p/tgmc.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    . . .
    Last edited by Moltke; 06-17-15 at 13:09.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear