Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDPA rulebook update/possible new division

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

IDPA rulebook update/possible new division

Praise THE LORD, the flatfoot reload is gone!
    The first, and one of the biggest announcements, is on the flatfooted reload. While we thought we were headed the right direction with this, it became obvious that the membership at large did not like this new rule and that we missed the mark by implementing it. The members have spoken using the suggestion tool and we listened. When this version of the rule book becomes effective, the flat footed reload will be gone. Big cheers all around we are sure.
    Another announcement almost as big is the addition of a new division in IDPA. We actually have two ideas and again, we want your input. The final specifics of each option are yet to be determined, as we want the members opinion first on which option to peruse.
    Option 1: Compact Carry Pistol (CCP) – this would be for double action or single action guns. This division would be largely like SSP otherwise but the gun size would be limited to guns of M&P compact or Glock 19 size.
    Option 2: Laser and Optic Pistol (LOP) – this division would allow for the mounting of a laser or slide mounted optic on the handgun. The optic would have to be mounted between the rear of the ejection port and the rear of the slide. Both single action and double action would be allowed. We might also add revolver to this division.

Remember, the complete requirements are not yet set for these divisions but we want you to tell us the direction to work on. To let us know, please got to www.surveymonkey.com/s/JT6HJDF to make your choice.

ESR is gone:
    With the addition of this new division, we have also decided to eliminate the ESR Division. While we know that this will make a few people unhappy, the results for sanctioned matches in the past year show that ESR comprises less than 3 percent of all competitors. This number also holds true for classifications held by our entire membership. We are looking at the possibility of adding these guns back to SSR so that we do not completely lose our members ability to shoot them.
    I treat my lawnmower better than I treat my 1911.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I like the idea of CCP far better than an optics class. While I'm sure some people DO every day carry and optic mounted pistol...I feel that detracts from the overall principal and notion of IDPA.

PS.
    After voting it prompted me to create an account, is that just for an account in general or is it required in order to vote?
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 11-04-14 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    PS.
    After voting it prompted me to create an account, is that just for an account in general or is it required in order to vote?
    I think just an account in general.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Vote LOP. Technology is advancing and while CCWing a slide-mounted red-dot might not have been easy or even possible 10-20 years ago, it's becoming a lot more common now. IDPA should reflect what people carry. If you don't like optics, then don't shoot in that division.

LOP should also allow mounted lights. I've carried a G19 with either a TLR1 or an APL for years now (hardly an uncommon carry setup) and it's always annoyed me that lights aren't IDPA-legal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like LOP. G19s and M&P compacts work fine in SSP, don't need a division just for them.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Vote LOP. Technology is advancing and while CCWing a slide-mounted red-dot might not have been easy or even possible 10-20 years ago, it's becoming a lot more common now. IDPA should reflect what people carry. If you don't like optics, then don't shoot in that division.

LOP should also allow mounted lights. I've carried a G19 with either a TLR1 or an APL for years now (hardly an uncommon carry setup) and it's always annoyed me that lights aren't IDPA-legal.
    This.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Looks like they did it, CCP is a go. This is great news because now my wife can shoot my G34 in SSP while I shoot my M&P compact in CCP, rather than me having to go buy a G17. Oh, and a reason to shoot IDPA again in total because otherwise I'd just said forget it and only done USPSA last year, which I still prefer anyway, but to be able to do matches with my wife I'll go along with IDPA just to have the option.
    Last edited by yellowfin; 01-27-15 at 21:52.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    Looks like they did it, CCP is a go. This is great news because now my wife can shoot my G34 in SSP while I shoot my M&P compact in CCP, rather than me having to go buy a G17. Oh, and a reason to shoot IDPA again in total because otherwise I'd just said forget it and only done USPSA last year, which I still prefer anyway, but to be able to do matches with my wife I'll go along with IDPA just to have the option.
    I'm glad they opted for the CCP class. With that said I'm going to try USPSA this season and think I'll be focusing on that in lieu of IDPA.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think it's great that they created a CCP division, but I won't be shooting it. Both my G-19 and my 4.25" 9mm 1911 are not CCP legal. They're set up for carry, not gun games.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While lasers and red dots still fairly rare, flash lights are much more common. Allowing mounted flashlights during low light stages, seems no brainer at this point to me and the light in hand, a good skill to have, simply outdated at this point. I'd vote for gun mounted light during low light stages before lasers or red dots.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast