• HK USP EXPERT

5 6.02%
  • Something else?

35 42.17%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could only have 2?

Feedback Score

If you could only have 2?

I don't know how familiar everyone is with California gun laws but they passed a law that does away with the single shot exemption which is how us Californians were buying hand guns that are not on the "Approved California Hand Gun Roster". We can only purchase one hand gun every 30 days and I just picked up a VP9. So I have only three handguns left I can register to myself I have the Timberwolf frame waiting for me so that narrows me down to two after that. These are the two guns I am sort of thinking of a HK P7 and another HK VP9 (I want to stipple the one I just received and I will be carrying it) or a HK USP expert or something else?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    VP9, CZ P07 or P09/Sphinx. P7 is CDI, but not worth it in parts support in the long run.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Get a spare to the gun you plan on carrying.

Also, before you stipple away on your VP9, try it a bit like it is. With my M&P's, I feel some stippling is mandatory. With my VP9, I find the texture is sufficient as it comes form the factory.

Feedback Score
    Never been a big fan of CZ, the Sphinx might be an option but I haven't handled one. I think the P30 texture is fine but so far I am on the fence with the VP9 texture. A spare VP9 does make sense though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In your case, I'd get a spare VP9 and if it's allowed and I didn't already have one, an AR pistol with the Sig arm brace
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If I could only have 2, HK VP9 & Walther PPS (for ccw). For your purposes I'd probably opt for a Vp9 as the most practical, however the P7 is a sweet gun to have as a collector.
    Last edited by PatrioticDisorder; 08-31-14 at 12:11.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    The P7 is a POS. expensive and complicated, but not really something worth having for actual usin'.

The Timberwolf frame is the same.

If you can comfortably conceal the VP9, then good. I'd add a J-frame and a 1911 in 45 for when you grow up.

Feedback Score
    I have a Shield so that covers PPS territory, I have a Smith J-frame and 3 1911s. The Timberwolf frame is actually pretty nice I only have 700rds through it but when a buddy had one available I figured why not. So another VP9 is pretty much my conclusion for one I have always wanted a P7 but I have never even shot one and thats alot of cheese to spread on a want. AR pistol is a good idea also considering we can't do NFA 10.5 on a pistol build would be kinda sweet.
    Last edited by mysak; 08-31-14 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    The P7 is a POS. expensive and complicated, but not really something worth having for actual usin'.
    I would beg to differ. While I carry a CZ daily, I often carry an HK P7 that I have owned, and shot for many years. It has never given me a problem, is very accurate, and reliable. I feel well armed when carrying the P7, plus it is a blast to shoot at the range. Mine gets shot a lot, and is no safe queen.

Feedback Score
    You're limited to how many handguns you can have in CA? Seriously? I'm not familiar with their laws out there but that seems insane. I know they only let you have 10 rounds mags, and no AR's and what not.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast